Reviews Categories | Specialized Amateur Communication Products | Flex Radio\'s Maestro Help

Reviews Summary for Flex Radio\'s Maestro
Flex Radio\'s Maestro Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $1199
Description: SDR Control GUI for the 6000 series Flex Transceivers
More info: http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/flex-6000-signature-series/maestro/

You can write your own review of the Flex Radio\'s Maestro.

KQ4KK Rating: 3/5 Nov 6, 2017 07:18 Send this review to a friend
Not my best purchase  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I loved my Flex 3000. Sold it and bought a 6500, a great transceiver. Finally with version 2.0 of the software, you should be able to do full remote.

So I bought a Maestro. Spent months to get the link to work properly with the Maestro. Even with "great" internet connections, it only almost worked.

THEN, you have to plug in the Maestro every 30 days to 12vdc to charge the internal CPU battery or it will not boot, and you have to send it back to FLEX. The thing does not have a USB or other normal "PC" connections. I'll use my Surface PRO instead.

I traded in the Maestro and my 6500 for the arrival of a 6600. And NOT a 6600M.

VA2JN Rating: 1/5 Nov 5, 2017 22:34 Send this review to a friend
Never again  Time owned: more than 12 months
At first I had the pile problem I sent it for repair and the problems continued.

In 12 months I had 4 replacements I requested the replacement by a new one and each time I have a refurbished with problems.

I'm exhausted to tell the problem with the Maestro. The application for IPad is better in my opinion than the Maestro.

AF3K Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2017 02:31 Send this review to a friend
Better than I thought!  Time owned: more than 12 months
PC no longer required. I didn't think I would use it as much as I do.

Great for contesting and everyday use.

Ergonomics are well done. Big and beautiful display is easy to read. Touch screen is a nice bonus. Great intuitive layout, not cluttered with tiny buttons. Purchased the optional heavy tilt feet - nice.

Interfaces with my logging programs, CW Skimmer, digital modes via DAX & CAT over at CAT5 wire or WiFi to the LAN, keeping everything all digital and no USB or RS232 connections required - fewer paths for stray RF.

Owned for 1+ year. Great addition to the Flex 6x000.

PA1EC Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2016 05:21 Send this review to a friend
Love it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought my 6300 with the Maestro a month ago and it is working very good, sitting downstairs or in the garden you can be QRV without a problem. Lots of settings and easy to operate.

KK8ZZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2016 05:43 Send this review to a friend
Flex Radio Anywhere !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This nifty console allows me to use the 6300 upstairs in the office, instead of being isolated down in the man cave (Oh wait... isn't that the idea of a "man cave"?) Regardless, the large display, simplified controls and small footprint let us use it anywhere in the house or out on the patio too. Since I'm not able to remote control rotors, etc. until the next software upgrade, I use this with the amazing MyAntennas EFHW-8010 end-fed antenna for all band resonance with no tuning. Both are highly recommended for fun, easy hamming !

K9SO Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2016 09:01 Send this review to a friend
A great value-add to a great system  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I waited a year for my order to be fulfilled in May and it was certainly worth the wait.The display and ergonomics are fabulous. Having dual knob control with perfectly weighted knobs is a dream.
Now that there is no need for a PC, it has highlighted a serious omission in the 65xx series: no external peripheral control. But recent news releases say that this will be corrected soon.
I use a single Maestro to switch between my NC and Illinois stations. I can also choose to run one off of my PC using the standard software and the other off the Maestro allowing me to operate both locations simultaneously, with up to 6 simultaneous slices.
Great job FlexRadio!!

KQ4KK Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2016 15:23 Send this review to a friend
A Neat Device  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Started working as advertised about 5 min. after opening the box. Works fine on Wi Fi, finds the 6500 fast, easy connect, works. Screen touch is good as is the feel of the knobs. Got a couple of 5vdc batteries off of AMAZON. Runs fine on batteries. Takes about .50amps a hour.

My guess it is a WINDOWS 10 touch tablet, with some nice knobs added. It is not cheap. I await the WAN upgrade/capability, that will be neat. Otherwise, buy a 10" WINBOOK and a ICOM 7300.

KA4KOE Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2016 10:17 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my much-anticipated Maestro right after FIeld Day. I think in this incarnation that Flex Radio has come up with a winner. Even using the entry level 6300 with this device is astoundingly positive. There is a bit of a learning curve. I actually prefer using the Maestro rather than tie up my main computer monitor.

There is plenty of help available if needed and Flex customer service is second to none.

K2RB Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2016 19:45 Send this review to a friend
A Giant Step Forward  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my Maestro last week and I am impressed with what it does, how it does it and the new world it has opened for me. Licensed since 1957 and very active on the bands in all modes left me with questions as to whether the Maestro would do all I imagined. It has fulfilled all my expectations and opened a new world to this long time ham. CW is seem less with no latency problems at all and ssb works just great. Operating from the deck, kitchen, family room and bedroom is just like operating in front of my rigs in the basement of the house. I use a 14 inch laptop and Teamviewer to control all my station functions which includes logging, fldigi and amplifier control. Maestro readings are all followed by Ham Radio Deluxe and also my 3 element steppir. The integration and thought that went into the maestro is impressive. I look forward to using Maestro with my station during future contests and I believe it will change the way many operators will approach contesting.
The controls are very intuitive, great ergonomics and the 4 x 7 inch screen is very sharp and a pleasure to use in all lighting situations. Quality construction and feel was a top priority.
An incredible advance in ham radio technology and look forward to using this marvelous piece of equipment over the internet. A real winner in my book and this is only after 5 days of use. If you go the flex route this radio just adds so much extra. 73's Rick, K2RB k2rb@icloud.com

N8CEP Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2016 13:32 Send this review to a friend
Really cool!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Flexradio Maestro is the best thing I have EVER purchased for ham radio! It really makes the radio super fun and an exciting way to enjoy our hobby!
I read the quick start manual and in no time I had it up and running. It worked perfectljy right out of the box!
I always liked my Flexradio but now I love it. This Maestro is really nice! HIGHLY RECCOMENDED! 73 N8CEP