Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | HAmOffice 6 Help

Reviews Summary for HAmOffice 6
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $45
Description: The german logging solution for a station log. Commercial product
More info: http://www.hamoffice.de/bestellp.htm?bseite=2&bafuart=HO4

You can write your own review of the HAmOffice 6.

HB9ALH Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2017 02:16 Send this review to a friend
The most professional Log Program for Europe  Time owned: more than 12 months
Log Programs are something you want to stick on for quite a time. After a long search I decided for HAMOffice (first V5 then upgrade to V6). It was not "love at first sight". But anyway, it is always quite a learning curve you have to go through with new Programs. Today I can say without reserve, that this was the right decision. It offers all what you need in a very professional way, it is constantly maintained and the support is first class. I had of a sudden a problem starting up the program. After mailing to the Hotline I could call to Torsten personally and and he helped me via Team Viewer in just some minutes.
The only thing you have to be aware of is: It is a German program and therefore copes specially with the European needs. And you need to know the German Language to fully explore the huge functionality

DD4DA Rating: 4/5 May 16, 2016 05:45 Send this review to a friend
It does the job you payed for.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I must decide me to replace my previously used station logbook because the programmer was retired and stopped the development since the publish of Windows7. I had tested HAMOFFICE V3 and V4 previously and i don't like the colored theme of them. I don't like such desktops and was surprized about Hamoffice5, that's able to change the theme and customize them in a wide range. I had decide to use them. Since the beginning of 2016, the developer and distributer (Arcomm GmbH, Berlin) decide to change the update policy with the release of the new Hamoffice6. Further details are available on the webside of Arcomm.
Hamoffice6 has got a new database engine that should be faster and more reliable. This version is not available for download on the website. if you order the version, you get the download link or you maybe payed for a cdrom. The design of the HamOffice6 is common to version 5. Some improvements are done but most of them are hidden in the internals of the program. A migration from V5 to V6 was noiseless done. The maintenance tool is modified and more helpfull to renumber and reindex the database.
Hamlog is one of the rare programs who is able to import older DBase files.This was one of the major point to decide me using HamOffice. The Every connections like CAT, DXCluster, GPS, QRZ-Link /QSLNET or just the RAC Callbook-Databse (CDROM, DVD or copy of them on a Harddrive folder) are visiblae on one screen and can be change there. This is very helpfull to get an overview of the external connection and the state of them. Import/export to lotw are available and works pretty nice. HAMOffice could be linkted to a could based online log that a customer could be used and located at ARCOMM. I use this to backup my data.
Well, i had revised my mention about Hamoffice and this is mainly reasoned by the deep and wide customizing features of the programs theme. The user interface is very important for me and the long term development of Arcomm too. I don't want to change my logbook again.