Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Kent Twin Paddle Key Help

Reviews Summary for Kent Twin Paddle Key
Kent Twin Paddle Key Reviews: 111 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $149.95
Description: RA Kent Dual Paddle Keyer

You can write your own review of the Kent Twin Paddle Key.

K1RF Rating: 4/5 Aug 20, 2014 04:45 Send this review to a friend
TP1-B very nice but be prepared to wait  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It's a wonderful key - well made and easy to adjust with a beefy base. I purchased the TP1-B directly from Kent. The cost in British pounds sterling was 96.50 + 21.60 shipping or 118.10 which translated to $206.84 US dollars via Paypal. I didn't hear from them after exactly two weeks so I emailed them and was told it will be in the post that day. I didn't receive a tracking number. I may have gotten one if I asked, but I shouldn't have to ask. A little over a week later, it arrived by USPS certified mail. It's a fine instrument but I was somewhat surprised by the plaque on it which said "Kent Morse Keyer Germany". Indeed, their mailing address is listed in Germany. I downrated the key for relatively long shipping time coupled with minimalist communication on shipping status and the fact that the website does not clearly state it is made in Germany. Indeed, their mailing address is a German address. If you don't mind the long wait, it is a great key and value.

NJ9U Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2014 00:39 Send this review to a friend
Great Performance and a Great Value  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After being off the air for 15 years, I've been active for a couple years now. I started with SSB, found new digital modes, and finally started dusting off the CW skills. I needed newer paddles but didn't want to break the bank not knowing how active I would be. I finally settled on the Kent. I purchased the paddles already assembled. It took a couple of days to get it adjusted to my satisfaction, (mainly due to my much older and rusty fist..LOL) and I've not touched the adjustments since... I have worked some CW in several contests and also have some DX in the log also....

The Kent has made CW a pleasureable mode again...

73s Phil NJ9U

K1OE Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2014 09:04 Send this review to a friend
Very Satisfying  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the Kent Twin Paddle Key three weeks ago. I have been actively comparing keys with the idea in mind to decide which one I want to use primarily for the long term. I have been actively alternating between four different brand paddles.

I have decided that I like the Kent best for myself (this is all very subjective!). I like the size, the 'feel', the ability to easily adjust, and the obvious quality.

Also, I sent Mr. Kent a note about my first impressions. He responded promptly and appreciatively. I have sent him a few more thoughts. He is a wise man who wants to learn from his customer.

Good luck in YOUR quest for the ideal paddle!! 73, John k1oe

N8YA Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2014 10:04 Send this review to a friend
solid & well built!   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
An excellent key, built like a tank. This key won't fly apart like those spring loaded paddles can. Don't waste your money on those spring loaded paddles!

ZL1BBW Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2014 17:48 Send this review to a friend
Nice n Steady  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought a Kent twin paddle key as a kit, it was a treat purchase for me.

The delivery was SLOW very slow, but a couple of emails to kent eventually produced the tracking number and key arrived shortly after.

Assembly was a breeze, dining room table, about 10 mins during morning coffee break.

It is smooth and nice to operate, a very steady sort of key, got it hooked up to the WKUSB keyer and it sounds nice, will take a bit of adjustment over the months to get 100% but its not hard to adjust to suit anyone.

Really pleased that I purchased this item.

K2JF Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2014 10:32 Send this review to a friend
Follow up - 2 yrs later  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I reviewed these back in December 2011 so this is really just an update. I used them back then and liked them lots. Then I felt the need to experiment once again so bought a set of Begali Simplex Pro paddles. Also very nice. Just last week I decided to try the Kent paddles again because I found the Begali's moved a bit much for me while sending code. As I mentioned in my past review these Kents are wider so more stable. Kind of like comparing a Rolls Royce with a Chevy. The Chevy (Kent) is simpler but just keeps on working.

K6SDW Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2013 23:40 Send this review to a friend
Nice  Time owned: more than 12 months
It really is a nice key......I own a bunch of keys, but this is the one I come back to.

SM0PMJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2013 04:03 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding jewel  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The Kent Twin Paddle is just marvellous and so is also true as regards the Kent Single Paddle. I am a happy owner of both versions. Robert Kent is really THE key company! SM0PMJ Goeran.

IZ2LSO Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2013 14:02 Send this review to a friend
Great paddle, great company  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my experience in dealing with Kent Engineers.
After a long time of operations with a Junker straight key I was going to buy my first CW paddle.
I was comparing Kent TP1 and a Begali Simplex, both have many very good reviews from owners worldwide and both match my operating experience and budget.
In plain uncertainty, and just in time you'd say, as I'm on Kent mailing list I received one of their special offers: they had a number of the old model twin paddle keys available at a special price. (The only difference between the old and new model is the extra screw holding the plastic paddle to the brass arm).
I jumped on the offer an placed my order. A couple of weeks later I got a box from Kent with a NEW MODEL paddle kit inside. As I felt I was somehow wrong in keeping it (I payed for the old one), I wrote Robert Kent asking what to do.
He sent me a kind message, explaining they sold all the old models so they sent me a new one, but it should have been assembled. He offered to get the kit back and send an assembled key or I could keep the kit and get a refund of the shipping costs. I kept the kit. By yhe way, the paddle went together easily, sends smoothly and it's a beautiful addition to my modest shack: a great buy from a company who earns every cent of the money it gets from customers.
I think it's worth mentioning how G4POY runs his business. Thanks Robert.

N1XF Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2012 20:13 Send this review to a friend
Great for the shack  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought my TP-1 used on eBay for right around $100. It is plenty heavy & adjusted perfectly.

Very durable too. I took it in my carryon on a trip to Vegas recently. I had it wrapped in bubble wrap and stuck in a plastic box.

I haven't used a Begali or any of the other listed 'expensive' paddles so I can't compare it to them. I can only say that this has been great for me.