Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Kent Twin Paddle Key Help

Reviews Summary for Kent Twin Paddle Key
Kent Twin Paddle Key Reviews: 121 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $149.95
Description: RA Kent Dual Paddle Keyer

You can write your own review of the Kent Twin Paddle Key.

K3PA Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2016 08:20 Send this review to a friend
Great for the price  Time owned: more than 12 months
The Kent is a very good paddle. I use my for Field Day and portable use where I do not want to take my expensive N2DAN Mercury. It isn't as good as the N2DAN, but it is easily good enough for FD. I am pretty fussy, so good enough is high praise. Then, given the low price compared to the other "artisan" keys out there, it is a real bargain. If you want a really good paddle, and not have to spend $200, I think this is one of the few worth looking at.

AD0BL Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2016 10:01 Send this review to a friend
Sturdy, solid, and precise  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased one of these used off of that well known auction site. It is the "old" version that does not have the third screw holding on the plastic paddles. It had quite a bit of tarnish on the bearing block.

I cleaned it up using steel wool and car wax as recommended to others by Mr. Kent. The more I rubbed with the car wax the more tarnish came off. I don't know if the steel wool was really necessary. As a last step, I used a very small amount of contact cement to attach more securely the plastic paddles to the arms. There was a little movement when keying as they were not completely flush with the arms.

A little bit of adjusting, and, wow - what a great paddle! Very substantial on the desk but very precise when keying. I can see why others have said that this is the last paddle they will ever buy. This is a wonderful product.

M0WZM Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2015 10:55 Send this review to a friend
A beauty  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I won't repeat the other reviews suffice to say this key is a superbly engineered item. It is built like a tank and the adjustments are wonderfully fine. Only thing I don't understand is why it doesn't cost ten times as much.

GM0HUU Rating: 5/5 Oct 24, 2015 08:54 Send this review to a friend
No Nonsense Paddles  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After learning on a straight key 30 years ago, I decided it was time to make a concentrated effort to learn to send with an iambic 'squeeze' key. Although my budget would have allowed me to get a more expensive set of paddles, I decided to go for the Kent key based on the reviews here. I am not disappointed. In terms of function, this is a well designed and manufactured key. It is easy to adjust and I am making good progress on my 'straight to squeeze' conversion. Have only ever briefly tried a few paddles over the years and was never very impressed. However, as soon as I got these out the well packaged box, I took an instant shine to them. Like any good morse key, I keep wanting to play with it in the shack.

Everyone has their own ideas in terms of aesthtic appeal and a lot of folk seem to think shiny equals good. For me, I like the no nonsense sturdy construction. Don't even mind a bit of tarnish on my brass - it adds patina.

Thanks to everyone who reviewed this. All the positive comments in previuos reviews seem to be true and I am 5/5 happy with the Kent Twin Paddle.

K0AST Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2015 01:07 Send this review to a friend
Feels great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm just starting down the CW road. Originally I started with a Bencher but something just did not feel right. Too 'light' for me I guess.

So after looking at many reviews here on eHam I decided to get a Kent Twin. This was just what I was looking for! Very responsive, heavy, and I can really crank down the tension as too light and I become all thumbs.

I've never tried anything fancier or more expensive, and I doubt I ever will. This should be my 'one and done' paddle forever.

I do want to add that I am very impressed with the engineering design using the bearings. Looks like it will last forever!

Downside? Tarnish. I can live with it.

K0HB Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2015 21:43 Send this review to a friend
25 Years, and still like new  Time owned: more than 12 months
I average about 3,000 CW QSO's per year, and have had my Kent paddles for around 25 years, so I guess that's 75,000 successful contacts on this key. Just keeps working and working. Good responsive feel, adjustments are easy and the thing stays "in tune" month-in and month-out.

You could buy a prettier Italian key for 5-times the money, but it won't be better "on the air".

K0KUZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2014 21:45 Send this review to a friend
Great device, well built, easy to adjust, I would buy it again.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using my new Kent Dual Paddle Iambic Key for three weeks now and find it to be worthy of the price I paid for it new.

I have only used a J-38 key until I received my Kent Dual Paddle Key and
I am still learning how to use the key.

It is well built and a beautifully machine. I would not sell it for three time what I paid for it.

I purchased the key because of the many good reviews I have read about it on eHam.

But it, you will like it.

don
k0kuz

NY7Q Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2014 10:23 Send this review to a friend
NICE SPEED KEY  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'VE OWNED ABOUT EVERY SPEED KEY MADE. SOME WITH SINGLE FINGER PIECE AND SEVERAL WITH DUAL FINGER PIECES. THE KENT IS ONE OF THE BEST SPEED KEYS I HAVE EVER USED.

G3RCE Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2014 07:31 Send this review to a friend
Superb  Time owned: more than 12 months
By far my favourite key.
I put mine together from the kit
no problem

I also have a Begali Magnetic Classic which is nearly as good but is twice the price.

KA4ZNU Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2014 21:22 Send this review to a friend
This is the paddle for which you've been looking !!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had just about every paddle under the sun, even the capacitive-sensing ones. Yes, all the major brands and even some smaller ones. When I ran across this paddle, my CW sending woes were completely over. I never could get the "touch" for sending good CW because I always pushed too hard with my fingers. This paddle takes that punishment and doesn't blink. It will not get out of alignment. It will not send extra dits because you're not being "gentle" enough. It is a heavy-duty paddle and will absolutely make sending CW a breeze.

If you're wondering if this paddle might be the last one you'll ever buy, I would say "it depends". If you can send just fine with a Bencher, then stick with it. If you need something a little more "stout", then yes, this is probably the last paddle you'll ever need. In fact, you'll be kicking yourself that it took you this long try a Kent.