Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Kent Twin Paddle Key Help

Reviews Summary for Kent Twin Paddle Key
Kent Twin Paddle Key Reviews: 115 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $149.95
Description: RA Kent Dual Paddle Keyer

You can write your own review of the Kent Twin Paddle Key.

K0KUZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2014 21:45 Send this review to a friend
Great device, well built, easy to adjust, I would buy it again.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using my new Kent Dual Paddle Iambic Key for three weeks now and find it to be worthy of the price I paid for it new.

I have only used a J-38 key until I received my Kent Dual Paddle Key and
I am still learning how to use the key.

It is well built and a beautifully machine. I would not sell it for three time what I paid for it.

I purchased the key because of the many good reviews I have read about it on eHam.

But it, you will like it.

don
k0kuz

NY7Q Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2014 10:23 Send this review to a friend
NICE SPEED KEY  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'VE OWNED ABOUT EVERY SPEED KEY MADE. SOME WITH SINGLE FINGER PIECE AND SEVERAL WITH DUAL FINGER PIECES. THE KENT IS ONE OF THE BEST SPEED KEYS I HAVE EVER USED.

G3RCE Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2014 07:31 Send this review to a friend
Superb  Time owned: more than 12 months
By far my favourite key.
I put mine together from the kit
no problem

I also have a Begali Magnetic Classic which is nearly as good but is twice the price.

KA4ZNU Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2014 21:22 Send this review to a friend
This is the paddle for which you've been looking !!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had just about every paddle under the sun, even the capacitive-sensing ones. Yes, all the major brands and even some smaller ones. When I ran across this paddle, my CW sending woes were completely over. I never could get the "touch" for sending good CW because I always pushed too hard with my fingers. This paddle takes that punishment and doesn't blink. It will not get out of alignment. It will not send extra dits because you're not being "gentle" enough. It is a heavy-duty paddle and will absolutely make sending CW a breeze.

If you're wondering if this paddle might be the last one you'll ever buy, I would say "it depends". If you can send just fine with a Bencher, then stick with it. If you need something a little more "stout", then yes, this is probably the last paddle you'll ever need. In fact, you'll be kicking yourself that it took you this long try a Kent.

K1RF Rating: 4/5 Aug 20, 2014 04:45 Send this review to a friend
TP1-B very nice but be prepared to wait  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It's a wonderful key - well made and easy to adjust with a beefy base. I purchased the TP1-B directly from Kent. The cost in British pounds sterling was 96.50 + 21.60 shipping or 118.10 which translated to $206.84 US dollars via Paypal. I didn't hear from them after exactly two weeks so I emailed them and was told it will be in the post that day. I didn't receive a tracking number. I may have gotten one if I asked, but I shouldn't have to ask. A little over a week later, it arrived by USPS certified mail. It's a fine instrument but I was somewhat surprised by the plaque on it which said "Kent Morse Keyer Germany". Indeed, their mailing address is listed in Germany. I downrated the key for relatively long shipping time coupled with minimalist communication on shipping status and the fact that the website does not clearly state it is made in Germany. Indeed, their mailing address is a German address. If you don't mind the long wait, it is a great key and value.

NJ9U Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2014 00:39 Send this review to a friend
Great Performance and a Great Value  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After being off the air for 15 years, I've been active for a couple years now. I started with SSB, found new digital modes, and finally started dusting off the CW skills. I needed newer paddles but didn't want to break the bank not knowing how active I would be. I finally settled on the Kent. I purchased the paddles already assembled. It took a couple of days to get it adjusted to my satisfaction, (mainly due to my much older and rusty fist..LOL) and I've not touched the adjustments since... I have worked some CW in several contests and also have some DX in the log also....

The Kent has made CW a pleasureable mode again...

73s Phil NJ9U

K1OE Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2014 09:04 Send this review to a friend
Very Satisfying  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the Kent Twin Paddle Key three weeks ago. I have been actively comparing keys with the idea in mind to decide which one I want to use primarily for the long term. I have been actively alternating between four different brand paddles.

I have decided that I like the Kent best for myself (this is all very subjective!). I like the size, the 'feel', the ability to easily adjust, and the obvious quality.

Also, I sent Mr. Kent a note about my first impressions. He responded promptly and appreciatively. I have sent him a few more thoughts. He is a wise man who wants to learn from his customer.

Good luck in YOUR quest for the ideal paddle!! 73, John k1oe

N8YA Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2014 10:04 Send this review to a friend
solid & well built!   Time owned: 3 to 6 months
An excellent key, built like a tank. This key won't fly apart like those spring loaded paddles can. Don't waste your money on those spring loaded paddles!

ZL1BBW Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2014 17:48 Send this review to a friend
Nice n Steady  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought a Kent twin paddle key as a kit, it was a treat purchase for me.

The delivery was SLOW very slow, but a couple of emails to kent eventually produced the tracking number and key arrived shortly after.

Assembly was a breeze, dining room table, about 10 mins during morning coffee break.

It is smooth and nice to operate, a very steady sort of key, got it hooked up to the WKUSB keyer and it sounds nice, will take a bit of adjustment over the months to get 100% but its not hard to adjust to suit anyone.

Really pleased that I purchased this item.

K2JF Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2014 10:32 Send this review to a friend
Follow up - 2 yrs later  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I reviewed these back in December 2011 so this is really just an update. I used them back then and liked them lots. Then I felt the need to experiment once again so bought a set of Begali Simplex Pro paddles. Also very nice. Just last week I decided to try the Kent paddles again because I found the Begali's moved a bit much for me while sending code. As I mentioned in my past review these Kents are wider so more stable. Kind of like comparing a Rolls Royce with a Chevy. The Chevy (Kent) is simpler but just keeps on working.