Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Kent Twin Paddle Key Help

Reviews Summary for Kent Twin Paddle Key
Kent Twin Paddle Key Reviews: 115 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $149.95
Description: RA Kent Dual Paddle Keyer

You can write your own review of the Kent Twin Paddle Key.

K6SDW Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2013 23:40 Send this review to a friend
Nice  Time owned: more than 12 months
It really is a nice key......I own a bunch of keys, but this is the one I come back to.

SM0PMJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2013 04:03 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding jewel  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The Kent Twin Paddle is just marvellous and so is also true as regards the Kent Single Paddle. I am a happy owner of both versions. Robert Kent is really THE key company! SM0PMJ Goeran.

IZ2LSO Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2013 14:02 Send this review to a friend
Great paddle, great company  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my experience in dealing with Kent Engineers.
After a long time of operations with a Junker straight key I was going to buy my first CW paddle.
I was comparing Kent TP1 and a Begali Simplex, both have many very good reviews from owners worldwide and both match my operating experience and budget.
In plain uncertainty, and just in time you'd say, as I'm on Kent mailing list I received one of their special offers: they had a number of the old model twin paddle keys available at a special price. (The only difference between the old and new model is the extra screw holding the plastic paddle to the brass arm).
I jumped on the offer an placed my order. A couple of weeks later I got a box from Kent with a NEW MODEL paddle kit inside. As I felt I was somehow wrong in keeping it (I payed for the old one), I wrote Robert Kent asking what to do.
He sent me a kind message, explaining they sold all the old models so they sent me a new one, but it should have been assembled. He offered to get the kit back and send an assembled key or I could keep the kit and get a refund of the shipping costs. I kept the kit. By yhe way, the paddle went together easily, sends smoothly and it's a beautiful addition to my modest shack: a great buy from a company who earns every cent of the money it gets from customers.
I think it's worth mentioning how G4POY runs his business. Thanks Robert.

N1XF Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2012 20:13 Send this review to a friend
Great for the shack  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought my TP-1 used on eBay for right around $100. It is plenty heavy & adjusted perfectly.

Very durable too. I took it in my carryon on a trip to Vegas recently. I had it wrapped in bubble wrap and stuck in a plastic box.

I haven't used a Begali or any of the other listed 'expensive' paddles so I can't compare it to them. I can only say that this has been great for me.

WY4J Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2012 09:55 Send this review to a friend
One of the BEST!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been trying out CW paddles for the last 36 years. I've found some great one, some good ones, okay ones and just one "VERY" popular paddle that I have to say is just plain horrible.

Now, this is my personal preference and opinion. You might feel very different about what I am about to say. But this is why there are hundreds or even thousands of CW key, bugs and paddles out there.

This little Kent Twin Paddle will give a Begali, a N3ZN and a N0SA a run for their money. I'm only including some (not all) top name paddles that are at least in the $250+ range. I'm not into the hardness or softness of the little rubber feet, the texture of the the base, the finish of the brass or whether old man Kent is a nice guy or not. I'm not going to marry this little paddle or put it up on an altar in my shack. Just judging design, function, mechanical and easy of sending and for the life of me, I cannot find anything negative to say and for $150 shipped from HRO it's a steal. Did I say it's just a pleasure to send with it...

G3XAP Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2012 05:11 Send this review to a friend
Superb  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used the Kent paddle for about 12 years, having bought it second hand. I adjusted it when I got it and haven't had to touch the adjustment since - despite regular use.

I like the wide paddle spacing and the fact that it doesn't "wander around" during use.

All in all a superb product.

Phil G3XAP

K1VI Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2012 19:48 Send this review to a friend
Update .. Still superb!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My first review was just after assembling the kit, and now many months later, it is simply the BEST key I have used. Keeps its setting, stays put on the desk, easy to use. My other two keys are getting dusty... Reading the previous reviewer's comments made me re-visit the website. It's clearly shown as priced in GBP not euros, so I don't know what the confusion could have been. My only pricing regret, was I realized after buying the key direct, I could have paid a little less if I ordered it from AES -- I didn't realize at the time it was available anywhere but direct. But Robert was pleasant to deal with, and I am happy all around.

W8NIC Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2012 04:19 Send this review to a friend
PERFECT !!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
i.ve had mine for 3 years and have had no issues at all. and to cap it off, it looks good too.
highly recommended.

KC9GT Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2011 23:29 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding value and great customer svc from Valley Ham Shack  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased the Kent TP-1 kit and was very impressed. Very good component quality and nice design at an excellent price. I appreciate the Begali, Shurr and others, but for $130 this key can't be beat. It feels very good and settings remain consistent. I purchased it from Valley Ham Shack and had a minor problem with my kit. Brian was very responsive and sent out the new part immediately. Great customer service.

LA9DAA Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2011 13:57 Send this review to a friend
Superb !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have 2 of these and they are my favorite paddles. Also owned lots of other paddles; Begali Graciella. Schurr profi etc. All sold because I prefer the very stable and never failing Kents.