Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Verticals; Wire; Loop | Alpha Delta DX-SWL/SWL-S SWL Slopers (MW-30 MHz) Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Delta DX-SWL/SWL-S SWL Slopers (MW-30 MHz)
Alpha Delta DX-SWL/SWL-S SWL Slopers (MW-30 MHz) Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $120.00
Description: The Alpha Delta DX-SWL Sloper antenna offers exceptional features and performance! Hams have been using slopers for years because slopers offer some unique advantages not found in other antennas. Sloper (or slant) antennas require only one elevated support (25 feet (7.6 meters) or higher) while dipoles require two elevated supports. The DX-SWL Sloper offers coverage of the 90 and 120 meter bands, bands often "forgotten" by other antennas plus medium wave (AM) too!

Alpha Delta DX-SWL-S shortened version - only 40 feet (12.5 meter) long covering the 90 through 13 meter bands.

You can write your own review of the Alpha Delta DX-SWL/SWL-S SWL Slopers (MW-30 MHz).

N0TLD Rating: 4/5 Dec 24, 2017 01:17 Send this review to a friend
Good antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used a DX-SWL sloper off and on for a lonnnnng time -- I first set it up over 15 years ago. Occasional maintenance and pulling down/storing for a while (when using other antennas) has kept it in good working condition all this time.

It has never failed to bring in even weak signals, though it is no match for other types like the Wellbrook loops or other active antennas, but for a low noise antenna it's very, very good at what it does, and it does exactly what it is claimed to do.

I've never been a fan of traps but in this case they seem to work, well enough at any rate. I'd still prefer to have a longer wire and no traps but I didn't design and manufacture the antenna and since it works well I can't really gripe.

If you acquire a DX-SWL sloper antenna, be sure to do a few things with it before setting it up -- replace the supplied plastic sloped end insulator with a stronger, less UV sensitive type such as a good thick ceramic dogbone (my preference); make sure the spacing between the two wire elements at the top of the sloper is uniform, and nothing is bunched up but straight and neat; and as with any outdoor antenna, use some silicon gel in the feedpoint SO-239 to keep water out and keep the connection easy to unplug/unscrew. You'll be very glad you did, especially if you like to set up different antennas over time.

Not a truly 'great' antenna, with the traps it's a bit lossy and from the factory it needs a little tweaking to really survive outdoors... but it IS a damned GOOD antenna and worth every penny.
KD8ZCM Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2016 15:02 Send this review to a friend
Great Shortwave antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received my Alpha Delta DX-SWL-S Sloper. I first built a long wire and beverage antenna for listing on shortwave. The Alpha Delta has almost doubled my receive signal into my HF rig and very clear audio. As a HAM Technician I like to listen to a lot of short wave radio and talk on 10 Meter. I can also talk on this shortwave antenna when I run it threw my MFJ-929 tuner and works great!! Love this antenna!!! 73'S KD8ZCM