Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Wireless Holdings, LLC - DV4Mini Help

Reviews Summary for Wireless Holdings, LLC - DV4Mini
Reviews: 13 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $129.00
Description: USB stick containing 2m or 70cm data transceiver. Works with D-Star, DMR, Fusion, APCO25 and other digital modes which are based on GMSK, 2FSK or 4FSK. Picture shows early product sample. Actual DV4mini will have red PCB. Antenna not included.
More info: http://wirelesshold.com

You can write your own review of the Wireless Holdings, LLC - DV4Mini.

N3HKN Rating: 2/5 Sep 19, 2017 09:36 Send this review to a friend
Cant't Login To Wireless Holdings  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have a DV4 Mini. I have an account. Tried to login and failed. Tried to create new account and told I was already registered. So I am at a dead-end. Typical small vendor.

AB3BO Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2017 12:44 Send this review to a friend
Been using on DMR  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have been using this for a few weeks. Works great! I have loaded the software onto three different pcs. One a Dell 6400 for use on the road. Two desktops. One was my main desktop and used it there to get familiar. Now used it on a separate desktop.

The control panel works great (v1.77).
The stick works great with the Tyt md-390 anywhere in my house!

Looking forward to more use on the road.

G0UOO Rating: 2/5 Aug 25, 2017 09:14 Send this review to a friend
Doesn't Work Properly  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This review is of the DV4 Mini, and NOT Wireless Holdings as such. This thing simply does not work properly. I wanted it for a DMR hotspot and tried it on three laptops running Win 7, 8 and 10 and a Raspberry Pi3. Wouldn't hold a connection for more than a couple of days max, and I was ALLWAYS having to adjust the freq offset to minimise dropouts.

I got rid off it about six months ago. Maybe it's better now, but I won't buy another.

PA1EC Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2017 05:42 Send this review to a friend
Works very good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use the DV4mini now for a couple of weeks and it works very good. I use it with the Raspberry Pi 3. It is stable with the new firmware no hangups etc. I have a FT 991 with C4FM and the sound quality is good. I have now ordered the DV4Home V2, so I can also be QRV on Dstar and DMR and use crossmode.

N0FIB Rating: 0/5 Mar 28, 2017 18:02 Send this review to a friend
Bewhere of DV4MINI  Time owned: more than 12 months

I have owned 2 DV4MINI and found then to be something that could not be used at my Home.

I had many problems with Locking up for no reason, or Looking for DV4MINI stick and not found, or Looking for CCS7 and repeat over and over again and stop working( yet was told this had nothing to do with the DV4MINI stick). I have a disconnect sent from where I do not know them disconnect, would lock up in transmit mode for no reason or show call sign of a ham yet was other ham in the net talking and other Issues.

I could not keep the DV4MIN running over 3 to 8 hour with out having to reset and reboot.

I was told was my computer I have 3 laptops and 4 raspberry Pi the one laptop was Toshiba with 16gb memory, SSD drive and my net was cat 5 from router to computer with Net speed of 100mbps down load 10 up..

I spend over $600 trying to make Raspberry Pi 2 or 3 or Windows 7 or 8 or 10 to work and still lockup and issues. I spent over 650 hours trying to make work. I was in there help ask other hams and in groups and still did not work.

With what i spend in Money for new modem new router new mini computer ( was told they used this and worked so buy ,,,them told this computer was not stable to use for DV4MINI) new powered USB hub new usb cables new sd cards for Raspberry Pi put toroid coils on everything Power cord USB cord HTMI cord and other thing I could have paid for 4 DVhome.

I did send many many Email to wireless Holdings and allot was never answered. I sent screen shot of my problems and nothing. some of the time was told what happened had nothing to do with the DV4MINI yet it stopped it from working for me

One Post on there Face book page said Keep trying you find the answer. Also was told no one else had the problems i did or Complained.

They sent me a Free DV4MINI thinking mine was bad still did not work.

I send 2 DV4MINI back for refund Only refund for 1 and I keep the Free one .

So I am out not having something they said every one else is using and then said was no one complain of issues LOL

Gary N0FIB No Fib

EI4KE Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2017 14:41 Send this review to a friend
Works well now with updates,,  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted to try dmr and dstar and with dvap, dvmega, bluestack and pi pc's all being black magic to me I sought a simpler solution,,,, This wee unit works well and has greatly expanded my enjoyment of the digital modes. Simple to set up, almost plug and play, works equally well on DMR both Brandmeister and Phoenix and excels on Dstar, I haven't got Fusion so no opinion on that mode,,very satisfied now with the new firmware and control panel,,

4X1DA Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2017 23:54 Send this review to a friend
Simple Hotspot solution  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased the DV4Mini about a year ago and it's been running 24/7 ever since. Initially I had some issues with DMR which I was able to resolve for the most part through careful frequency calibration however some quirks remained so I decided to dedicate the DV-MINI to the task of a full-time D-Star hotspot and purchased a DV-MEGA for DMR use. Several firmware updates were made available by Wireless Holdings since last summer but each had it's own issues and often I found myself reverting back to the previous version.
Recently, Wireless Holdings released a firmware update - Ver. 1.75. It seems like they finally nailed it and have completely fixed all the DMR issues. I continue to use it mainly for D-Star but it's nice to know that it will now work perfectly on DMR as well.
What sets this device apart from the other hotspots on the market it simplicity. Once you have it set up, your DMR radio requires only one channel to be programmed, so no more searching for the 'perfect code-plug'. Access to any TG is available trough the pull-down menus in the control panel software.

N3ORX Rating: 4/5 Jan 12, 2017 18:10 Send this review to a friend
Update to my previous review  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Okay, so when I first got it, I couldn't get it to work with DMR. There was a bit of a learning curve, not only to the Mini but also to DMR. I finally got it working on DMR last week, and I am now very happy with it. I can easily switch from DMR using one radio to D-Star using another radio.
DMR itself is great and there are ways using the Mini to access both DMARC and Brandmeister reflectors and TG's. I can now recommend this, just be prepared for a learning curve.

SA3X Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2016 19:11 Send this review to a friend
Satisfied  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have two of these, which should tell you a lot about what I think. Have read and heard very negative about DV4Mini if ​​using DMR, but since I have them only to C4FM and D-Star, I have only good things to learn from them. Very good option to be QRV on digital what I believe. Have also tried one to my Win 10 tablet mobile which also worked beyond expectations. The bottom line, I am very happy about what they can do for the money they cost.

W6PSA Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2016 13:43 Send this review to a friend
DV4mini  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have two DV4mini's (one VHF and One UHF). The VHF model is actually a dual band transmitter (2m and 440). I mainly use the DV4mini to link my Yaesu DR-1x repeater to the DV4mini network.

I'm currently using software version V201.73 and it seems stable. I understand some of the complaints of the past, but currently I'm not experiencing those problems anymore (dropouts, disconnects, etc.)

I have been using my DV4mini over a year now, and all things considered, with the current updates I would recommend the DV4mini to friends.

Yes, there are other products available. Each product should be judged independently.

Last night I talk to a ham with a SharkRF hotspot, and he used the DV4mini, because he had problems using the other one (maybe user error). It's not to say, the DV4mini is a better product, all hams have different opinions.

My opinion is, the DV4mini is working as advertised (buy the dual-band VHF model). You might want to consider the DV4-Home vs the SharkRF-(OPEN SPOT) for the future.

Grant