Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | Wireless Holdings, LLC - DV4Mini Help

Reviews Summary for Wireless Holdings, LLC - DV4Mini
Reviews: 13 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $129.00
Description: USB stick containing 2m or 70cm data transceiver. Works with D-Star, DMR, Fusion, APCO25 and other digital modes which are based on GMSK, 2FSK or 4FSK. Picture shows early product sample. Actual DV4mini will have red PCB. Antenna not included.
More info: http://wirelesshold.com

You can write your own review of the Wireless Holdings, LLC - DV4Mini.

WA9MNF Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2016 05:36 Send this review to a friend
Good Product Great Support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

I use a dvap for dstar and it works very well but it is limited to dstar only.I wanted a device that allowed me to use the various digital modes while on trips as well as in the shack. I selected the dv4mini and it arrived a couple of days later. I had problems getting it set up and emailed the company and received a quick response. Later that evening One of the owners called me and spent over an hour troubleshooting. Bottom line..my router firewall was the problem.

It works great with the Raspberry Pi3 using dstar, c4fm and p25. Still learning to set up dmr. Hats off to Uli and Monika for a good product and great support!!

K9CRT Rating: 4/5 Jul 22, 2016 09:47 Send this review to a friend
A view from a Fusion user  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have only had this device for a couple of days. However several in my group have been using these linking Fusion c4fm repeaters and or hotspots with good results. I am using mine with a Raspberry Pi and found setting it up and running extremely easy. I share the earlier reviewers findings IMHO they might not be ready for prime time on D-Star, however I have not experimented with D-Star with this unit but I am a D-star user also. Again IMHO these units primarily were designed for DMR and their network. The Fusion c4fm so to speak is hitching a ride with the DMR network and works 100% within these limits.

To sum up my review here, these units are in the forefront of technology and in that light some will say you are a beta tester etc. I love to be in this group of amateurs and recommen this unit to other like minded hams, you won't be disappointed keeping in mind this isn't a plug & play device in some areas.

N2QGV Rating: 2/5 Jun 19, 2016 04:36 Send this review to a friend
Lots of Bugs...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First I am only using DStar. I currently have no interest in DMR or Fusion, and have no way to test and comment on how the stick works for those modes.

The current 70cm stick is just a bucket of bugs. Electronic engineering seems agressive but on the software side they need lots of help. Their first offering does not work and they are rushing to introduce four or five new products which are based on the original bug filled stick.

If you want to stay seated in front of your PC it is OK. Take your HT for a walk, and it is for the most part useless. Voice acknowledgements of stick status, link, and unlink commands extremely sporatic or not made at all. Info command will report you are connected to the first REF you linked to no matter what your actual status may be. It will also not link to any DStar repeaters. Their desk top application also continually scrolls that it is attempting to connect to CCS-7.

I have a DVAP and when paired with my PC or Raspberry Pi3/DStar Commander image functions flawlessly with a full set of commands available for the HT. It may cost more, but who wants to pay to be a beta tester?