Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | MDP Digital Coaxial Cable, RG213 Help

Reviews Summary for MDP Digital Coaxial Cable, RG213
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: High quality, milspec coaxial feedline.
More info: http://https://mpddigital.us/

You can write your own review of the MDP Digital Coaxial Cable, RG213.

N9AOP Rating: 4/5 Jul 1, 2016 10:23 Send this review to a friend
COAX is OK  Time owned: more than 12 months
I don't have any trouble with this 213. But I buy just the cable and add my own connectors. That avoids ones put on by incompetent installers.

I put my own connectors on no matter who I buy the cable from and in that way the connectors are either very good or I can blame myself.
Art

KE0EYJ Rating: 3/5 Jun 30, 2016 21:48 Send this review to a friend
Not the quality expected  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have learned my lesson -- do not buy cable from Amazon. Call them direct, if you want to be sure of what you are getting. I purchased some LMR240 from them direct, and ordered RG213 from them later, via Amazon.

The LMR240 cable was sold to me 9 months ago. It now seems to have issues, because I lose signal if I giggle the wire at the connector. I bought the LMR240 with the solid center. Not sure it has held up. Need to pull it all down and test it.

The RG213 smaller cable lengths were listed as Times Microwave, and purchased later on Amazon, but larger runs are the Consolidated brand name -- NOT Times Micro. I clicked on a larger lengths under the ad, and must have missed the quality switch when I did. Connectors, as pointed-out by a user on Amazon (and by my inspection) are soldered well, but NOT crimped. If you buy from this company, avoid Amazon entirely, or you may not end up with what you expected. Call them direct, or look elsewhere. If you do go with them, ask for an exact quote on Times Microwave cable, with soldered and crimped Amphenol connectors, and make a fair price comparison with what you know is good from other sources.

Delivery was fast, but I feel that customers should know what they are getting. This company uses "Milspec" and Veteran-speak to shroud their product in an aura of "Made in the USA" quality. It may well be, and probably is, at a certain level, but for the ten to twenty-five dollars I saved over another known company's soldered and crimped connectors (true Milspec) and consistent use of Times Microwave product, I feel like I received a lower level of product quality for what I paid. You get what you pay for -- imagine the

Lastly, per this product, another buyer complained that the cable is Milspec, but connectors are not, because they are not soldered AND crimped. He provided photos showing this, after removing the shielding. True Milspec is crimped also, because soldered connections can fail. This may be exactly what happened with the LMR240 I purchased, as also noted above.
concept!

KA4KOE Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2016 05:25 Send this review to a friend
Quick Shipping!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was informed about this company that is located in Columbus, Georgia. They sell on Amazon.com as well in pre-cut lengths with or without connectors. I needed an oddball length piece. I received the order within two days.

This coax is quality stuff and milspec of course. The pricing is competitive. Highly recommend this product to my friends.

My new dual band fan dipole is working like gangbusters!