Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Luiton LT-188H VHF 10watts Handheld Ham Radio Help

Reviews Summary for Luiton LT-188H VHF 10watts Handheld Ham Radio
Luiton LT-188H VHF 10watts Handheld Ham Radio Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $48.99
Description: Luiton LT-188H VHF 10watts Handheld Ham Radio with Free
Programming Cable 136-174Mhz 10 miles Long Distance Amateur
Two-Way Radio
More info: http://www.best2wayradio.com/10w-uhf-400470mhz-free-program-cable-10-miles-long-distance-amateur-ham-radio-p-227?zenid=pduf4tuevf1ujv77abr4lpk2g7

You can write your own review of the Luiton LT-188H VHF 10watts Handheld Ham Radio.

JOHNR Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2016 19:47 Send this review to a friend
Nice simple little 10W 16ch radio.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pros: Build quality, performance, long battery life, ease of use, programming software is easy to use with no frills, cd came with programming software and drivers that actually work (I've never bought a Chinese radio that came with an actual usable cd that contained what I needed until now.)

Cons: Not much of a manual or instructions (I am very familiar with radios and programming so this did not bother me but it might someone who is not familiar with its usage). There is no 2.5K channel step (this will not affect most users). I do not see a way to toggle the output power. A work around would be to program the freq. in two memory slots, 1 on high and the other on low.

The radio and charger are built very sturdy and will hold up to some abuse. The stated wattages are on spec +/- a watt my readings are as follows:
136.000MHz H:9.2W L: 4.3W
150.000MHz H:10.1W L: 6.1W
174.000MHz H:10.1W L: 5.2W

When I 1st inserted the supplied programming cable on my Win10 system it showed "USB 2.0" with a yellow exclamation in the device manager so I hit update driver and it found the driver on the net and now shows "USB SERIAL CH340" and reads/writes to the radio fine.

There's a neat feature that automatically locks the face buttons after about 10 seconds, to unlock you press and hold the function button for about 2 seconds. To turn on the LED flashlight the key lock must be unlocked then hit the function button to turn on/off the led light.

Overall this is a great little radio and I do recommend it to anyone who needs a simple high power VHF radio.

I got mine from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UYTBUI8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1EFGZMM6L99VD