Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | ICOM AT-120 Help

Reviews Summary for ICOM AT-120
ICOM AT-120 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Antenna Tuner

You can write your own review of the ICOM AT-120.

XE1UFO Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2011 20:54 Send this review to a friend
Great tuner!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use it with a 40-meter doublet, fed with 450-ohm ladder line. At the bottom of the mast, I have a home-made "Ugly Balun". (See http://www.hamuniverse.com/balun.html) Then a very short run of coax to the tuner.

The antenna would load fine on 80, but with poor signal reports. Because of small area for hanging antenna, I just soldered on a Slinky on each end of the doublet, and stretched each one about 8 feet. It did wonders for 80 meters. And yes: It works on 15, 12 and 10 just fine.

ZS1MO Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2010 12:17 Send this review to a friend
Does the job  Time owned: more than 12 months
So far so good with this tuner which is connected to an Icom M710 on my boat. The secret seems to be to use a wide tape to ground the radio to the tuner and then to a through hull on a boat.
What surprises me is those who say it tunes 1.6 to 30MHz, because the manual says it only tunes 2-24MHz?
See http://nolwandle.wordpress.com

G8LXI Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2008 04:26 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you can find one of these units, then buy it,beig designed for the marine market they are rugged and simple to use, even with a non Icom radio.
I now have two, one on my yacht coupled to my trusty IC-718, and the other at my home QTH.
They may only tune 1.6 to 30mhz and maybe a bit bulky, but boy do they work! On my boat I tune a 7 meter backstay, and it is great, at home I have very limited space so made up a 40 foot vertical, mounted 1 foot above the ground with two 40 foot radials and the AT-120 will allow me to work all the HF bands, with great reports, oh the radio in the QTH, is another IC-718 with all the mods done and a reliable 150 watts out.

PE1DHI Rating: 4/5 Sep 8, 2002 12:43 Send this review to a friend
good  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use the AT-120 with a Icom 706MK2G at all bands, it tunes good between 1,6-30 Mc. No problems at all. I use a T2FD antenna with 23 meter span and this combination works very well. Before that i did use a 2x 10m open dipol and it works lots worse on the same tuner. With the present situation, everyone who i call, is answering. Its a pitty that it does not tune 50Mhz (it really does not do it).
I got it very cheap as surplus from a ship in exellent new state.