Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | AA1K tower climber, Jon Zaimes Help

Reviews Summary for AA1K tower climber, Jon Zaimes
AA1K tower climber, Jon Zaimes Reviews: 9 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Ham radio tower climber and antenna installer, repairs &
maintainance. Experience with Rohn, Trylon, U.S. Towers
and others. Good experience in finding problems and
providing creative and efficient solution. Methodical
approach to all problems. 40 years experience. Based in
Delaware, willing to travel.
More info: http://aa1k.us/

You can write your own review of the AA1K tower climber, Jon Zaimes.

W2GPS Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2017 16:37 Send this review to a friend
Great Job on my tower  Time owned: more than 12 months
Jon spent Saturday fixing things at K3PU and W2GPS and Sunday erecting a crank-up tower and antenna at W3FOX. For me, Jon performed an inspection on my 70' Rohn 45 tower, fixing a number of problems. He then removed a tribander from my roof that others couldn't do. He then swapped out an antenna on my chimney. He always worked carefully and safely. I am very pleased. Jon will be my go-to guy from now on!

N2DEQ Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2017 16:35 Send this review to a friend
Great Job  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had Jon over to re-position my 144,432 and low band beams on my 40 foot Universal tower that had been blown out of kilter due to straight line winds in a recent storm. He also raised some VHF and UHF beams that were mounted on my chimney about three feet higher. Jon not only corrected the problems but checked the tower and rotor for any potential problems. He was prompt, efficient and got the job done within his estimate of time required to do the job. It is evident by watching Jon, his experience shines through. There is no doubt, if I have any future issues on the my tower, I will again call Jon for help.

K3MD Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2016 18:39 Send this review to a friend
FB  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fast, efficient, careful, courteous, experienced. Reattached 6M feedline in 20MPH winds at 37 deg. F.

W2LL Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2016 07:25 Send this review to a friend
Great Job  Time owned: more than 12 months
Jon came saw and conquered. The tower is a strong one but no one has worked on it for a few years and there were many small items to cure and two climbs to fix various switches and add 160 inverted L to the tower. Jon sent a thorough and useful report and kept working (that includes ground help from W2LL) late until he had finished and headed home for the 5 hour drive in the snow!
Highly satisfied, Pete W2LL

K3FMQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2016 19:13 Send this review to a friend
Superb work; pleasure to work with  Time owned: more than 12 months
The winch and cable on my Rohn 68' fold-over tower needed replacement. At the same time, I had Jon replace my 32 year old Ham 4 rotor with a Tailtwister.

I also had Jon inspect and recommend how to fix the Bencher Skyhawk yagi boom. Now that I can safely tilt over the tower, I will work on the yagi when the weather improves.

I found Jon to be a highly skilled and safety-conscious tower climber and mechanic. He took no shortcuts with respect to safety, and worked on everything as if it were his own. He did everything possible to insure that his work would withstand the elements. While here, he discovered issues on the tower that took just a few minutes to fix, but had the potential of causing problems later.

K3BFQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2016 14:35 Send this review to a friend
best you can get !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had Jon at my qth here today for a tower removal (50ft rohn 25g) and 2 ant's on top, 5el hf beam and 11 el 2 mtr beam,Jon is on of the most knowledgeable people you could hire ! A true courteous gentleman, very fair pricing,and very meticulous in his work ethic.! He never came off the tower until the last section was on the ground and all work was completed ! I really can't say enough about the kind of person Jon is! Highly recommend him for any ant /twr work u need !
Larry K3BFQ
Larry K3BFQ

K3UL Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2016 17:01 Send this review to a friend
Great Job at a fair price  Time owned: more than 12 months
Jon visited my rural PA QTH back in April. It was a cold and very windy day. He removed my failed Ham IV and replaced it with my spare rotor. The old unit was in really rough shape and obviously had been a victim of some very strong winds. The top bell housing was broken and it certainly was not turning 360 degrees any more. I'd recommend Jon for additional tower work. Good to know that W2GD and AA1K are readily available for my tower work. 73, Bob K3UL

W3BW Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2016 08:07 Send this review to a friend
Gave excellent emergency service  Time owned: months
Jon showed up on time, worked fast, fixed my problems, and charged a very reasonable fee.

NW3Y Rating: 5/5 Jul 7, 2016 08:02 Send this review to a friend
Highly recommed  Time owned: more than 12 months
Rotator, turning a 22' chromolly mast kept hanging up at certain rotation points. I thought the two TB3 bearings were shot. Jon went through a series of rotation tests and observations while on the tower and concluded the mast had a small bend in it (not catastrophic) and adjusted the mast seat and top bearing. The mid bearing was "raised" off the mid plate to reduce a possible bending point. Good thing he looked at it, because I had a different plan! Jon,saved me time and money.