Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | RFguys programming cables Help

Reviews Summary for RFguys programming cables
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 0.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Programming cables for various makes and models of commercial
radios, LMR, etc.

You can write your own review of the RFguys programming cables.

W5KVV Rating: 0/5 Jul 15, 2016 03:50 Send this review to a friend
Terrible  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It saddens me to write a bad review.

I recently ordered 3 hard to get programming cables from RF guys.(RELM,Midland and Uniden) The club is getting quite a few donated mobiles that still have a lot of life left in them. I'm slowly putting them into the ham bands.

2 of the 3 cables I received are junk. One was bad right out of the box, the other died in the middle of programming a rig. Thank god it defaulted to the previous code plug. The other is working, but now I'm getting seriously nervous about using it. If it craps out during a code plug write, it'll brick the radio.

I've tried everything to rule out the cables. Used a different computer, different radios. It's the cable for sure. And yes, I have an old, slow computer running DOS 6.22 just for programming these rigs.

I decided to open the connector on one just to see if anything was zapped. One look at it and I can see why they're junk. The soldering is busch league at best. I have Chinese cables that are soldered better.

Their "lifetime warranty" is worthless. No phone # and the email address comes back as un-deliverable. Absolutely ZERO contact. It's a shame with so much good commercial gear showing up these jokers are the only ones that can attempt a programming cable.

Quite a few guys over on radio reference have been burned by the "guys" as well. A quick internet search and the bad news will start coming out of the woodwork.