Reviews Categories | Books/Manuals/Videos/Pod-WebCasts on ham radio | Pass Your Amateur Radio General Class Test The Easy Way Help

Reviews Summary for Pass Your Amateur Radio General Class Test The Easy Way
Pass Your Amateur Radio General Class Test The Easy Way Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $19.95
Description: Here's a new approach to passing the General Class test. The test is multiple
choice and the other study guides take you through the 462 possible questions
including all four answers for each question. But three out of the four answers
are WRONG! You are reading 1,386 wrong answers and that is both confusing
and frustrating. The Easy Way focuses only on the right answers. All Ham and
no Spam. The first part is an narrative of the author's ham radio experience.
Every question and answer is woven into the story and identified in bold print.
The second part is a 60-page Quick Summary. It gives every question and
answer, with hints and cheats to help you remember. Other study guides take
over 160 pages. Which would you rather study: 60 pages of right answers or
over 160 pages with three quarters of the answers wrong? Instructors: This
book is perfect for review or weekend courses. Have the students read the
narrative before class, then go over the concepts with them rather than
slogging through all those wrong answers. You'll be done in no time and the
students will be fully prepared to take their tests.
More info: http://www.easywayhambooks.com

You can write your own review of the Pass Your Amateur Radio General Class Test The Easy Way.

N0RCN Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2017 05:07 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the book, highlighted the BOLD parts in pink to really make them stand out. Read the book cover to cover 3 times. Much easier than looking at tons of wrong answers. I'm also an electronics engineering lab technician so a small part of the study was old education. Then also used the online HamStudy.org site and went through the flash cards over and over and several practice tests. Total study time was about 15 hours. Took my test last night. Missed one. Was hoping to ace it ... but, oh well ... look out world ... here I come.

W3PMH Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2016 04:37 Send this review to a friend
Best book available  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I worked for GTE Sylvania from 1874-1982 as a printed circuit board designer. Just drafting experience no electronics experience. I guess being around Technicians and Engineers some knowledge rubbed off! Then being away from the field for 10 tears I decided to try for a Technicians ticket, I studied for months and finally won my Technicians ticket in 1993.
Again I let the hobby slip away until about 3-4 weeks ago when a friend mentioned that I should upgrade to General (you do not need the code anymore).
I looked on Amazon.Com and saw Buck's book "General Class Test, The Easy Way" and thought what the heck and ordered it.
After not being exposed to Ohm's Law, resistors, capacitors, transistors and inductors for 35 years, I received the book and started reading it. I read it cover to cover twice in a single week and took the exam. I passed having only missed 4 questions!

Busk's method was to tell a narrative of his growing up experiences which seemed to mirror mine. He has a way of describing these life experienced with the actual answers you will find on the test.
I highly reccomend this book as a sure fire way to get your General Ticket!

W3CKL Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2016 13:36 Send this review to a friend
Bottom Line: It Works  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had been using free online test sites to study for my Tech license exam, reached the point where I aced them consistently, and still had about 10 days until my test date. Knowing that I could take additional tests on the exam date, I figured I'd at least take a look at the General question pool. I quickly found that the curve between Tech and General is steep. I wasn't going to be able to simply practice test my way through General, so I started looking for actual study materials and found this book on Amazon. I ordered it with Prime and had it in my hands Monday afternoon. The exam was Saturday morning.

The book takes a unique approach to presenting the info in a way that it can be very rapidly taken up. I don't know if this is a "trade secret" of the author's, so I won't go into detail here. I will say that the method is so obvious and simple that it's probably easily overlooked by most. The book teaches you the correct answers to all of the questions in the test pool along with easy ways to remember them, and it does so in a fast and pretty painless way.

Prior to receiving the book, I took one practice test and failed miserably. After my first run through the book, I took a practice test to see whether anything had stuck and I passed. I barely passed, but passed nonetheless. I spent the next five days rereading the book and took no further practice tests. On the eve of the exam, I was tired of studying, anxious, and wanted to get a temperature reading, so I started taking practice tests. I really didn't think I stood a chance and told myself that just getting the Tech license is accomplishment enough. And I didn't want to embarrass myself. I passed each of the five practice tests I took that night.

Saturday morning came, I went to the exam site, and I passed both Tech and General. So... I went from zero to HF in one leap and after having spent all of about six days studying. Don't get me wrong. I'm not claiming that I comprehend it all or even have the faintest clue as to what I'm doing, but now I have the freedom to begin the real learning process, hands on, and without the anxiety of having to pass the tests.

I'm 100% convinced that I could not have passed the General, with such a short lead time, without this book. I highly recommend it, and for reasons you'll learn when you read the book, I recommend it as your only study guide. I'll be purchasing the Extra Class book as soon as I get myself on the air.