Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | MFJ-9232 Mini QRP Loop Tuner Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-9232 Mini QRP Loop Tuner
MFJ-9232 Mini QRP Loop Tuner Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $59.95
Description: The MFJ-9232 Mini Loop Tuner is a small, versatile, high-
efficiency device that turns a wire loop into a multi-
band transmitting antenna system. It is designed for 50-
ohm use at QRP power levels (up to 25 W) on all modes.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-9232

You can write your own review of the MFJ-9232 Mini QRP Loop Tuner.

NN6B Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2017 19:57 Send this review to a friend
Great loop tuner for indoor JT65/JT9  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was always interested in loop antennas and did not want to spend $500 for a magnetic loop antenna. I read some reviews and decided to try this loop tuner for operating inside of my apt on JT65 & JT9 on the respective 20 meter frequencies.

This product is labeled as a QRP loop tuner but it is rated for up to 25 watts. I built a 7 foot stand out of schedule 40 1" PVC. I went to Ace Hardware and got 13 feet of #8 gauge stranded copper wire and formed it into the shape of a circle and had crimped #8 gauge 1/4 ring connectors on the ends. I also read that people have had great success with using the soft copper refrigeration tubing from your local Home Depot or other sources.

I am extremely happy with this tuner. I used my antenna analyzer and tuned it to around 1:1 -1:2 SWR and typically run 20 watts. I have had numerous contacts on JT65 in the USA, Europe and South America.

Be advised that the loop tuner needs to be precisely resonated to the frequency you are operating on and it requires re-tuning if you switch around the band.

Check out my QRZ page for a photo of the loop antenna with frame. You can also check out my log for various contacts on the digital modes.

For those of you in antenna restricted areas or perhaps those would like to operate portable, please consider this amongst the competitors.

Eric - AE2K

AE7TO Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2016 19:09 Send this review to a friend
Great option for single band or portable setup  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I already had the MFJ-936B loop tuner, which I use for road trips. But I but wanted a second loop tuner for a permanent single band setup at home in the attic (a QRP rig being used as a WSPR station). The MFJ-9232 is perfect for that setup. It is a fraction of the cost of MFJ's larger loop tuners, and can handle up to 25 watts (same as my WSPR rig's max). As expected, it is even trickier to tune than the MFJ-936B because there is no room in its small case for vernier mechanisms. But I was able to get SWR below 1.2 after about 15 minutes with an antenna analyzer. So far, my signal reports and reception seem as good as they were with the larger tuner. This was a great solution for my indoor fixed-frequency setup. And I could see using it for a back-packable QRP rig if I get into that later.