Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | MQ-1W30 Help

Reviews Summary for MQ-1W30
MQ-1W30 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $Approx 890AU
Description: 6M and WARC band mini beam with quad reflector.
More info: http://https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q=tgm+communications

You can write your own review of the MQ-1W30.

RADIOJOCK Rating: 4/5 Jul 21, 2016 21:33 Send this review to a friend
A major surprise in performance from a mini antenna.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As I live on an odd shaped property and I have five neighbours bordering my fence line, therefore to stay as unobtrusive as possible I need a mini antenna. My main choice of bands are the WARC bands, and mainly 30M (we have phone privileges on 30M). I have had it in the air for one month now and in that time we have had a couple of horrendous storms. The first one had 100KPH winds which rattled one of the 30M tuning spikes loose and it fell to the ground below. After repairing it I put a dob of SupaGlue on each join and it survived the next storm with no problems. I replaced inverted vee's for each band with this antenna not expecting much difference in performance, how wrong can one be! I was able to comfortably work stations I could only just hear before. Turning the antenna can null out a 59+20db station and bring then back again by turning back in their direction. A test was tried a couple of days ago working a station 2700KM away on 30M. I swapped to the I V , then back to the mini beam with reports both ways of 2 S point drop and a big drop in audio on the I V. I have wondered if performance could be enhanced by modifying with longer boom, I would love to hear from the designer about this. My only suggestion for improvement would be the use of SupaGlue as it sure needs it, otherwise it falls just short of great.