Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | MyAntennas EFLW-1K Help

Reviews Summary for MyAntennas EFLW-1K
MyAntennas EFLW-1K Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$79.00
Description: 160-10 METER END FEED ANTENNA
More info: http://MYANTENNA.COM

You can write your own review of the MyAntennas EFLW-1K.

KD0CA Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2017 12:08 Send this review to a friend
Best Wire Antenna I Ever Owned  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just put up the 53 foot EFLW-1K on 29 Sept 2017 and it works very well indeed. I tore down my old HB high band vertical and my low band INV L wire before installing the new ANT near the NE corner of the house. It is installed as a sloper with the fed end up 6 feet on the south end and the distal end up 24 feet on the north. I connected the GND terminal on the UnUn to a GND rod and attached a 15 ft and a 20 ft radial to the rod. The 15 ft radial lies on the ground parallel to and about 5 feet below the coax feeder, and the 20 ft radial lies on the ground along the east wall of the house.

With the CMC 330-1K choke on the floor where the 23 foot RG-8X coax enters the shack I have no RFI at all. The coax from the CMC 330-1K to my MFJ-962C tuner is 8 feet long. I could not compare the old and new antennas, but my log sheets show that my regular digital mode radio pals say I am as strong or stronger all the time. Ditto my reception of their signals.

Compared to my former antennas, this antenna exhibits much broader tuning at resonance on every HF band. It is great to adjust the tuner to my settings log and when I check the SWR, it is right on 1:1!

Glad I bought the antenna after reading many positive reviews of MyAntennas products. I highly recommend it to others. Please visit my QRZ.com page to see pictures of my installation.

Jerry KD0CA

KD0CA Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2017 08:56 Send this review to a friend
Glad I bought it!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been reading positive reviews of various MyAntennas products and decided to take the plunge. I tore down my homebrew vertical and my inverted L wire as both were giving me RFI and were right outside my shack window. I installed the EFLW away from the shack near the NE corner of my house using 23 feet of RG8X coax. I mounted the Un-Un box on a 6 ft PVC pole, which is attached to a "T" fencepost with hose clamps.

The 53 foot wire extends to the north and is attached to a 24 foot mast out in the yard. I have the transformer grounded to a ground rod to which I attached a 15 foot and a 20 foot radial. The 15 ft radial runs east / west on the ground under the coax, and the 20 ft radial runs south from the transformer along the east side of the house.

I can't compare the old and new antenna scientifically, but comparisons to TX and RX signals with my digital mode radio pals reveals that signals are always as good as before, and several times better than before. So far I've only used the EFLW-1K on 40, 30, + 20 M.

I feed the antenna thru my MFJ-962C tuner at all times, and have a CMC-1K common mode choke on the floor right where the coax exits the shack wall. I don't know if it is necessary, but I have a large battery clip clamped on the PL-259 leaving the choke towards the tuner, and the clip has a short wire lead to an alligator clip attached to the ground braid which leads to the ground rod below the hole where the coax exits the shack. I'd buy another MyAntennas product with NO hesitation whatsoever. These products are professionally designed and ruggedly built! Look up my call sign on QRZ.com to see the pictures of how I installed this antenna.

NU5O Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2016 14:11 Send this review to a friend
EFLW-1K Great antenna for HOA's  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I own the EFLW-1K. The feed point (unun 9:1) is mounted about 5 feet above the ground on the side of my brick house. It goes up about 12 feet then turns horizontal and parallels the brick (about 4 inches off the brick on small standoffs) for about 35 feet and then out into the back yard through some short trees. Highest point is about 17 feet off the ground. I have the 117 foot version. I knew going in I needed a tuner and I use a PALSTAR HF AUTO into about 60 feet of LMR400. I also have his Common Mode Choke CMC154-3K at the feed point and at my antenna tuner. Installing these reduced the noise on my antenna by about 10db on my Flex Radio 6500. I did not order these initially but did because I had two problems. One, I was getting a lot of man made interference on my receiver. All our electrical is underground but I was getting a lot of "grinding noise". Second, my house has several "touch" lamps and they were turning on when I transmitted. The chokes reduced the noise and a lot of the lamp issue. I did have to put a mod from the ARRL on the lamps to totally cure it but the chokes did help on several frequencies.

In addition, I have 2 radials on 160, 3 on 80, and 3 on 40, plus a 110 foot counterpoise wire about three feet off the ground along a fence.

The tuner handles it just fine on all bands 160 through 6 including MARS freqs. I have made good contacts on all bands including openings on 6. I get that I do not hear what others hear but at least I am talking and this is a very nice single antenna for all these bands. I have worked South America and Europe on 20 but have not heard Asia as of yet or Africa. I am only running 100 watts.

The antenna is VERY well made. I plan on getting an amp and the higher powered unun 9:1 for the feed.

Before I purchased this antenna I called the owner of the company to talk about options and he was very patient and made several good suggestions including the chokes which I later came back and purchased.