Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Portable (not mobile) | Band Hopper 3 Multiband Portable HF Dipole Antenna System Help

Reviews Summary for Band Hopper 3 Multiband Portable HF Dipole Antenna System
Band Hopper 3 Multiband Portable HF Dipole Antenna System Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $65.23
Description: The Band Hopper III covers three HF bands with a high
efficiency full-size halfwave dipole on each band. It's
not a compromise loaded antenna. It's also designed to
allow you to get the feedpoint high - that's important
for good performance. Band selection is by easy-to-use
jumpers; quick to change!
More info: http://www.sotabeams.co.uk/band-hopper-iii-three-band-linked-dipole/

You can write your own review of the Band Hopper 3 Multiband Portable HF Dipole Antenna System.

K2FI Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2016 09:55 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant portable linked dipole  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This review is for the 20-30-40 meter versions of the SOTAbeams Band Hopper.

I operate strictly portable, usually QRP, and the Band Hopper is possibly my favorite portable antenna. It's very lightweight, easy to deploy as either a diple or inverted vee, pre-tuned, and includes coax (RG-174) with a BNC connector, and an integrated balun. No tuner necessary or antenna analyzer is necessary. I've used this antenna on the beach, slung from trees on the trail, and with an extended pole next to my car, and I've had both SSB and CW QSOs with good signal reports with my Mountain Topper 3b, FT-817nd, and Icom 706.

The band jumpers use alligator clips, so it's easy to switch bands. Since the antenna is rated for 125 watts, you aren't limited to QRP (see above about the Icom, which I run at 100W).

The one minor downside is that even with the included winders, it can be a little annoying to get it all away. It doesn't take much time though. I'm usually on the air within 5 minutes and packed up within 10 minutes.

I love this antenna. It's perfect for hiking, camping, the beach, basically anywhere where I'm likely to operate portably.