Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | BTECH (Baofeng) UV-50X3 Help

Reviews Summary for BTECH (Baofeng) UV-50X3
BTECH (Baofeng) UV-50X3 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $340 USD
Description: Tri-band radio with Full Duplex capabilities (which
enables simultaneous TX/RX within VHF/1.25M/UHF) - as
well as dual V/V and U/U receiver capabilities. The UV-
50X3 operates on 136-174MHz, 222-225MHz, and 400-480MHz.
More info: http://baofengtech.com/uv-50x3

You can write your own review of the BTECH (Baofeng) UV-50X3 .

N0TAN Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2016 08:32 Send this review to a friend
Very nice full-featured tri-bander at a great price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was a little shy about buying this radio, but since it appears to be a 95% direct clone of the Yaesu FTM-350ar, I gave it a shot. I could't be happier.

I have never had a Yaesu FTM-350ar, but from what I gather online, the firmware on this radio is a little different. The radio's functionality is laid out well and the radio isn't particularly difficult to program. I haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet, and will create an update once I know more.

One thing that I find particularly vexing is that none of the big ham radio dealers carry the chinese rigs. They might say that it's because they are all crap, but that is clearly not true. I suspect Yaesu/Kenwood et. al. have somehow strong-armed them into not carrying these radios. While the Chinese may not be particularly creative in their radio design, they are building some quality rigs and making them available at a cheap price. They also have strong user communities on social media. We'll see how things shake out, but I expect you'll see more and more of these Chinese radios in the years to come.