Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | BHC-Z55 Brass Morse Code Key Help

Reviews Summary for BHC-Z55 Brass Morse Code Key
BHC-Z55 Brass Morse Code Key Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $120
Description: Machined brass Morse code key from China. Polished brass
base, machined bearing supports, ball bearings on armature.
Also available in a silver colored finish.

You can write your own review of the BHC-Z55 Brass Morse Code Key.

AB4CZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2016 09:53 Send this review to a friend
Nice key for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
About 3 weeks ago I ordered a BHC-Z55 Morse Code key from a Chinese vendor via eBay. I was apprehensive, this key could be a real gem or a piece of junk. The pictures looked pretty good but you can't really judge the machining quality or finish from a few eBay photos. So when the package arrived today I opened it with some trepidation. As it turns out, I'm pleased. While not having the "jewel like" finish of a top of the line machined product, this thing looks pretty good. The armature and bearing supports are not polished but the machining is pretty nice quality with delicate machining marks. The base has been polished. There is some solvent staining on the polished brass, likely from a cleaning solvent ... but with a little polishing this rubs right off. I think a few minutes with a buffing wheel would make the base sparkle. The finish is good enough to warrant polishing. Of course, this is raw brass so it will tarnish. The higher the polish, the more it will show finger prints, etc. I feel like I want to handle this thing with cotton gloves. Anyhow, I give it a 9 out of 10, good value and not a piece of junk. Nice beefy contacts and ball bearings on the armature give it a good solid feel. I'm not pumped about the white finger knob, but that can be remedied. I have a block of black delrin, might fire up the lathe and make a Navy Knob for it.