Reviews Categories | Books/Manuals/Videos/Pod-WebCasts on ham radio | A52A Bhutan 2000 Video Help

Reviews Summary for A52A Bhutan 2000 Video
A52A Bhutan 2000 Video Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $25
Description: Feature video on the A52A DXpediiton to Bhutan in May 2000
More info: http://www.dxvideos.com

You can write your own review of the A52A Bhutan 2000 Video.

N2QQF Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2008 19:40 Send this review to a friend
Interesting  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great video, I really enjoyed watching it, in fact my wife who isn't into ham radio actually enjoyed it as well. It was nice to see the background of what goes into getting one of these DX-expeditions off the ground. I also purchased BS7H (Scarborough Reef)which is also good but i enjoyed A52A a little better. I am not a contest station nor do I contest but i certainly enjoyed the video. You wont regret the purchase even if you are/not a contester.

W2NSF Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2005 04:06 Send this review to a friend
Great story-telling & professional video quality  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought several of this series of DXpedition videos for our club library. This one especially got rave reviews when we showed it at one of our meetings. I think quality presentations like these will help the younger members of our club understand the broad aspect of our hobby and might even provide additional motivation to get their HF ticket. I highly recommend this and the entire series of DXpedition videos.

KB1KIX Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2005 20:49 Send this review to a friend
Great Video  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I now own 4 of the videos - I think they are all top notch (except Heard Island, which for production value is great, information is fantastic, but there is just about no ham radio in the video - barely 10 minutes out of a hour long DVD).

I definately rank this up there with the Cambpell and Clipperton videos. Neat to see what goes on on some of these DXpeditions.

I do agree with N5VWN as far as the whole Icom commercial and what not - I mean, even the one of the only 2 locals left to have had a license had a brand new spiffy Icom hat! I think product placement and a banner in the background, T-shirt on all the DXpedition members as well as hats were more than enough product placement!

But to see them set up the antennas, tour the area and whatch the pileups is great to watch.

Now that I have 4 of them, I have something great to fall back on if a club speaker doesn't show up and we have our average 30 - 50 people at a club meeting.

At 25.00 a pop, you can't go wrong.

There are only 3 more videos available - I hope James gets out there and makes a few more documentaries - I'm running out of options here!

Jonathan

N5VWN Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2003 16:26 Send this review to a friend
Professional!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was really surprised with this video. It is so much fun to watch over and over. Although I did pay $25 for it, I still consider it a bargin. Yes it is a big comercial for the Icom 756 pro and Heil head sets, but I enjoyed watching that stuff handle a pileup. I'd like to see a video by this guy with other top radios too. But if Icom is the one sponsering, then so be it. Actually I just came on this site to find the web address so I can order another video. The clipperton video is also great.

N8IK Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2001 15:37 Send this review to a friend
very FB  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Makes a great program for your next club meeting!

WM5R Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2001 19:34 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Documentary  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is another excellent DXpedition video by James 9V1YC. It wasn't quite as fun as the ZL9CI or FO0AAA videos (which, after all, involved ocean voyages, exotic wildlife, shipwrecks, and a 75M antenna made out of a wine bottle!) The video does strike an excellent balance between the hard-core aspects of a major DXpedition, and sharing the experience of the unique physical location, culture, and religion of Bhutan.

At just $15, it is a bargain!