Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | IAC Standard Double Bazooka Help

Reviews Summary for IAC Standard Double Bazooka
IAC Standard Double Bazooka Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$116.00
Description: Antenna construction centers around 50 Ohm coax, in
combination with 300 Ohm transmission line end sections.
The end result is a center feed broadband full wave
dipole.
Provided for the operator's 50 Ohm feed line is an SO-
239, a silver plated connector having Teflon insulation
and a gold plated socket.

The features of the proprietary design anchor the
connector in high shear UV resistant molding. The coax
elements are sealed in this molding, which exhibits high
adhesion to the PVC jacket.

Mil-spec heat shrink tubing, with a melting inner liner,
is utilized to seal and strain relieve the transition
area between the coax and the twin lead. Heat shrink caps
are applied to the outermost ends of the twin lead
completing antenna construction.

This unique design eliminates the need for antenna
matching baluns and can be fed directly with 50 Ohm coax.
The DOUBLE BAZOOKA is 98% efficient and typically
provides S.W.R. readings of less than 2:1 over the entire
amateur band.

Since this antenna has no exposed metal wire static
charges can not build up thus reducing noise by 6dB over
antennas constructed of exposed wire.
More info: http://iacantennas.com/20m-Standard-Double-Bazooka-Antenna.12

You can write your own review of the IAC Standard Double Bazooka.

N5DUP Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2017 17:45 Send this review to a friend
Well Built, Great Support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had IAC's 80 Meter Double Bazooka for 9 years which has withstood the test of time including the high winds, burning heat, and ice storms of West Texas. Impressed enough with it that I have recently replaced my 40 Meter Inv Vee with their Double Bazooka and added one for 160 Meters and 60 Meters. I also added an IAC Half Sloper Bazooka and will write a separate review for it.

These antennas preform extremely well in terms of signal reception, signal transmission, and SWR (they are extremely broad banded). In my 37 years as a radio amateur I have built and bought many wire antennas including horizontal dipoles, inv vee's, and off center fed dipoles and the IAC has out performed all of them in S/N ratio, received signal reports, and especially SWR bandwidth. If you use a tuner you may find you can run it in bypass especially on 75/80 meters, 60 meters, and 40 meters. I run legal limit power on SSB and AM operating modes and have never had a problem. This may be of particular interest to AM'ers who are running legal limit power since 'Old Buzzard' (long) transmissions are not uncommon. HiHi

IAC's product support is equally impressive as the solid construction and performance of their antennas. Case in point is that with their help and experience, I was able to get 4 double bazooka antennas and 1 half sloper bazooka on one tower with their guidance on positioning and tuning.

Great company, great product, great service and support!

WB3DYE Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2017 06:04 Send this review to a friend
GREAT antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased my double bazooka recently from IAC.

I'm using it on 160 with great results. My signal is so good that some operators believe I;m running an amplifier, which I'm not.

The antenna is well built and the customer service is great.

I spoke to Dave before and after the antenna was installed and he was both personal and professional.

I would recommend IAC antenna corporation for your next project.

KK4TY Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2016 12:38 Send this review to a friend
Higher and Bigger antenna theory now questioned   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received my new IAC 40m Double Bazooka about 30 days ago. Due to my new location (Retirement Village)I am somewhat restricted in antenna locations and height. My installation is in an inverted "V" configuration with the center at 12 feet in a tree and the ends at only 6 feet. One end in a bush and the other tied to a chain link fence. You can see I was desperate to get back on the air. WOW, to my surprise my signal reports from my normal sked group were outstanding compared to my previous higher antennas. Another antenna theory bites the dust!

K7TTN Rating: 5/5 Aug 30, 2016 18:56 Send this review to a friend
Antenna performs beyond expectations.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using a vertical antenna and wanted to try a wire. Video reviews of the IAC Double Bazooka were very informative of performance, especially on the receiving capability. No video reviews can do justice to the quality of construction of this antenna. It is as good as it can get. I was a wireless LMR and telemetry installer for over 5 years and have worked with every brand of antenna and RF cable imaginable. My professional opinion can tell you that this antenna is built with the best materials and with excellent workmanship. The antenna is mounted as an inverted “V” with the apex at 23 feet and the ends a 14 feet. This geometry gives the 120 degree configuration that is recommended by IAC. I used the specifications for tuning that were provided by IAC for tuning the antenna to 14.2 MHz. No additional tuning was needed whatsoever. The SWR is extremely flat from the top of the 20m band down to around 14.07 MHz at less than 1.3. At the bottom of the band, the SWR is 1.6 max. The antenna is considerably “cleaner” than my vertical. I am hearing more DX than ever before. As for TX performance……. well, I had never been 59+ to the east coast of the US before from my QTH in SE Wyoming. Also 59+ to Hawaii. Nearly all QSOs report 59 or “big signal”. Transmit power is running at 80w. The documentation is somewhat confusing, but a quick email to IAC provided immediate support. My follow-up phone call was immediately answered by an excellent and friendly staff. If you are looking for a high quality and high performing, mono-band wire antenna, you will not be disappointed with the IAC Standard Double Bazooka antenna.