Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Retevis RT3 Help

Reviews Summary for Retevis RT3
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $100+
Description: 70cms DMR/FM Handy
More info: http://www.retevis.com/

You can write your own review of the Retevis RT3.

EI4KE Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2016 14:50 Send this review to a friend
Great radio for the money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had this rt3 for about 6 weeks now and use it mainly for dmr, no problem, audio in and out is great using the handy but if using their own external spk/mic it is less than good,, buy a Kenwood mic to use with it. I can access the two local repeaters with the rubber duck antenna, one BM 5 miles, the other Phoenix 15 miles so very happy with it,, batteries seem to last forever too... I would certainly buy another..

G4VMF Rating: 3/5 Sep 1, 2016 05:19 Send this review to a friend
DMR Handy  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the Retevis RT3 In January 2016. Its a 70cms DMR/FM Handy which is quite solidly buit.
Worked well for the last few months.
Unfortunately during a QSO it suddenly died a death.
No Sound, no illumination on the screen other than the Red/Green LED's flashing (In Programming Mode)
Retevis tried to help with a few suggestions that did not solve the problem.
They suggested I contacted the seller (Online Emporium) again not a great deal of help.
I suppose the moral of this story is to buy from you Local Store so that the One Years Gaurantee can be honoured. (Not so, through the online emprium)
I will put this down to my own ignorance.
So a Handy going into the Bin.