Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing & safety gear | DX Engineering Heavy-Duty 4130 Chromoly Steel Masts Help

Reviews Summary for DX Engineering Heavy-Duty 4130 Chromoly Steel Masts
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $400.00
Description: 22' long 0.25" wall thickness, available in 2" and 3" outside diameter, 100,000psi strength

You can write your own review of the DX Engineering Heavy-Duty 4130 Chromoly Steel Masts.

KF4FCO Rating: 2/5 Sep 21, 2017 21:11 Send this review to a friend
stright but had damaged area and painted  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mast delivered by Fedex and I unpacked the mast. Found 3 areas of the mast were painted with silver paint. The rest of the mast was as described on the web page as “shiny bright” finish. I called DX and they did not understand. I sent pictures. Very costly to return so I am stuck with mast. Areas painted appeared to have been either welded of ground on. Lots of lumps of galvanized coating on other areas that will have to be removed before it will fit into thrust bearing and rotor. If you buy one call first and ask about the condition. I recommend you ask for pictures of the mast that will be shipped to you. Could save you a lot of disappointment. Not going to put this mast 80' in the air to have to replace it later due to rust or worse failure. The specs are great and it is stright. and are 2 suppliers that sell crome molly tubing. Looking for one close to my location to save on shipping. 73
AB2FA Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2016 13:28 Send this review to a friend
A very straight mast  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
DXE-ST200CM-22 DXE-ST200CM-22
It is a very straight mast. Shipped very promptly via UPS freight truck. I drilled a 9mm hole on one end of the mast for my Yaese rotator. I used a cobalt drill bit with a common motor engine oil to keep the tip of bit wet. Ran the drill very slow, that you could almost see it turns.