Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | King Conversions W1QJ Help

Reviews Summary for King Conversions W1QJ
King Conversions W1QJ Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Amplifier Repairs by Lou W1QJ
More info: http://www.qroking.com/

You can write your own review of the King Conversions W1QJ.

W3SCA Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2017 09:50 Send this review to a friend
Great Guy and Real Expert!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Wow where do I start? Okay I met Lou about 2 years ago now. I purchased my first Ten Tec Titan 425 amp and after running it with no issues for a few months, I had a glitch resistor blow. I didnt know at the time what the problem was and posted here in the amp forums in which Lou was very quick to respond and I eventually sent the RF deck to him. He quickly found the problem and turned my Amp back around to me in about a week. He sent me a few extra resistors just in case and charged me what I thought was a very minimal fee for his work.

About 3 months later, I had a power supply issue with that same amp. Once again I posted and Lou came to my rescue, Off went my power supply to Lou and after he spent some time replacing diodes, caps and resistors, some of those new components blew again. After more inspection we determined that I had the dreaded short in the plate transformer. I ordered a Peter Dahl replacement and after 3 months of waiting Lou got my power supply running again and shipped back to me. Once again with a very reasonable bill for his time. He spent a great deal of time talking with me as well helping me along the way.

I now own 2 Titan 425 amplifiers and am now having issues with the other power supply. Lou has be graciously helping me to troubleshoot the PS myself and even sent me a replacement interlock switch he had as a spare for himself.

Lou is a real gentleman and an asset to our hobby! We could use more guys like Lou, I would even go so far to say he has been like an "Elmer" to me and I appreciate that! I have never met him in person but am looking forward to the day at a ham fest that I can shake his hand and talk with him in person!

Thank you Lou!

73, Jay W3SCA

KG4VDZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 18, 2017 06:44 Send this review to a friend
sb-1000 repair   Time owned: more than 12 months
Lou repaired my Heathkit sb-1000 had band switch problems Lou fixed it right up very reasonable repair price fast turn around great work at a great price my amp now works like it should on all bands Lou is 5 stars !!!!

NK9O Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2016 20:48 Send this review to a friend
LK500 Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Lou is a great man to work with. He not only assisted me with a component board for my LK500 amp but the eventual repair of this amp. His time and dedication to solve my amp repair was far above what I expected. Excellent communication skills as he walked me through every attempt to resolve my initial issue.

I also purchased a LK500 6 meter conversion amp afew years ago and it still performs beyond expectations.
In summary:
Fair prices and excellent customer service

KA4KOE Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2016 13:17 Send this review to a friend
Repaired My QRO  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Lou repaired my QRO HF2500DX in good time and for a very reasonable price. Most know Lou from his 6m amplifier conversions. Well, he also repairs amplifiers. I am good with some repairs, but relatively new with amplifiers; so I turned it over to a seasoned tech.