Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Alpha Antenna RESONANT MAGNETIC LOOP (RML-XX) Help

Reviews Summary for Alpha Antenna RESONANT MAGNETIC LOOP (RML-XX)
Alpha Antenna RESONANT MAGNETIC LOOP (RML-XX) Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$99-$249
Description: 100 watt Resonant Magnetic Loop antennas built for Maximum efficiency
on each HF band.
More info: http://alphaantenna.com/

You can write your own review of the Alpha Antenna RESONANT MAGNETIC LOOP (RML-XX).

KB2DJJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2017 11:22 Send this review to a friend
My first loop antenna works well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Finished the mount made from pvc pipe and a painter pole this morning. Got it mounted on the ladder of my motor home and got it tuned in 10 minutes with the VIC.
Really quick and easy.
It seems to be a quieter antenna tha I am used to.
Just got off 20 meter PSK and with the awful band condx was surprised to make 2 contacts.
PSK reporter indicates that I am being heard by 12 stations in the US.
This is a very easy antenna for one person to handle and seems to be the answer to limited space availability locations.
The folks at Alpha are very easy to deal with.

N2LRB Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2016 18:29 Send this review to a friend
Works Well and Efficiently  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When I first saw this Alpha Antenna RML 20 Meter Loop I was over joyed for two reason. One that the loop would cover my favorite band, 20 meters, efficiently, and two that the loop was made to be worked with up to 100 watts! Needless to say I ordered it immediately.

I received the loop and made a PVC pipe structure for it. I was able to lower the SWR to 1:1 inside my apartment and hear distant stations. I then quickly took it up to the roof of my apartment building, tuned it and was able to make contact with K0USA, 1,150 miles away on just 12 watts with my Elecraft KX3.

Tuning was mechanically simple. You insert the two ends of the coax into the VIC until you SWR is low. And that's it. I used my MFJ-259 to tune the antenna.

I can't wait to use the antenna out in the field in Central Park. It is directional which helps cut out New York City electrical noise and it work very well.

KA0VXR Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2016 07:34 Send this review to a friend
A Great 100 Watt Magetic Loop Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Finally my 20 mtr antenna problems are over! After years of struggling with Home Brew & store bought Antennas, Dipoles, Verticals , Delta Loops, Etc. I pick up this 100 watt Mag Loop for 20 mtrs, by the way work just as good on 2.5 watts on QRP as a full 100 watts.

I have had several good contacts from KCMO area using QRP from - 2.5 to 100 watts. From Washington State, to Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, & more.

No need for a tuner, but it fun to hit the tune button occasionally to see if the tuner still works.

The VIC (Variable Inline Cap) works well, if you're big into CW you can tweak it for the low end of the band for optimum SWR.

For fun I Hooked it up to my Hallicrafters SX-99 and it surprisingly receives well from 40 to 10 mtrs.