Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | Universal Towers Manufacturing Help

Reviews Summary for Universal Towers Manufacturing
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 1.0/5 MSRP: $Universal Towers
Description: Tower Manufacturing and Administrative
More info: http://None

You can write your own review of the Universal Towers Manufacturing.

W8DMC Rating: 1/5 Sep 13, 2016 21:04 Send this review to a friend
The right does not know what the left is doing  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I won't buy from "Universal" again!

The following statements depict my actual experiences with Universal Manufacturing Towers.

First off, the brochure has a lot to be desired, out-dated material, limited information, no real instructions and missing important insight into what's required and needed to properly accomplish the task at hand.

When you call, prices are more than the brochure states, and it's said they had inserts, but inserts missing or wrong prices!

I Ordered two towers, both towers (male to female) provided very limited tolerances, which makes it extremely difficult to match section to section without at least four people, a sledge hammer and 2" X 4" board! This concern has been mentioned but many fellow HAMs!

One tower arrived with a duplicate section, and must be exchanged to erected! I call every other day, but still waiting and no return phone calls. "I'll leave the message" is all I hear. The worst thing is I drive to the company with colored 8" X 10" pictures of tower. It's there error, but no "we are sorry or we will fix it", just we will call you. Three weeks later NO CALL BACK! Very poor customer service!

Additionally they failed to supply adequate bolts, nuts and no lock washers at all on either tower hardware, I'd think lick washers would be mandatory. Then, after driving to the company states G said problem the bolts were provided, but no nuts and no lick washers, and the bolts were 1" longer than all others! What's with that?

Customer service it best is un related "chit chat", but no apology from staff or owner.

Towers, are no longer there main stay and the service reflects it. So Amateur Radio Operators be careful with this firm!

I'm on hold, tower completion is on hold, while colder weather approaches, and I still have no replacement section. Worst of all they are only within 25 miles from my home. I hate to see how they deal with out of state customers! Never again will I buy from these people.

5Th Phone...... "We might bring out the tower section today or maybe tomorrow, but you ordered it that way"

No I did not! I ordered a 50'and a 40' tower. Who the hell would ever order a 40' tower with three sections matching and one section not? When you order, you order the tower, not by sections! Again Ms personality, who took the order screwed up also. It's all to much of a cluster .... Far me be it for me to recommend or order from them again, even if the ones I have fall apart! Prospective customers beware!

Three day follow up: Upon delivery of said tower section which was wrong. They brought the right one. In the process I question the young man........... (and said to him) You know I ordered a 40' tower making the assumption I'd receive all the corrections sections, and not as individual sections. I was told...
"The receptionist that took my order is never wrong" saying it in a facetious way, meaning she's a real trip to work with!
"She takes and writes the orders up and sends to the men in the warehouse to pull from the shelves, and sends them back in section requests" Bingo, in that we see the ongoing and recurrent problem, I could tell, I was told she screws up, and argues with staff "she can do no wrong"
If it were my firm! I say Missy your Fired!