Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | COMPACTenna 2M/220/440 Help

Reviews Summary for COMPACTenna 2M/220/440
COMPACTenna 2M/220/440 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99.95
Description: Optimized compact high performance HAM radio 2 meter+220+440 bands. Only 7 1/2" long. Reliable leaf spring NMO connector on antenna for standard, center-stud style NMO mounts.
More info: http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamantm/0842.html

You can write your own review of the COMPACTenna 2M/220/440.

W8WLK Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2017 08:37 Send this review to a friend
Nice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I like everything about this small antenna. I have a truck and I mounted the NMO mount to the left bed rail. I wanted to mount it on the cab but then the truck wouldn't fit in the garage. I have only used it with a Yaesu VX-6 HT and I have been able to hit several 2m and 440 repeaters using 5w from 20 plus miles away. The next step is mounting a 50w radio and seeing how that works. I went to Universal Radio and the guys there were very helpful and informative. I have been going to Universal since the '60s when I was a kid.

WB8YOB Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2016 18:33 Send this review to a friend
Impressive Alternate to Whip Antennas  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am presently using the COMPACTenna 2M/220/440 on my pickup truck cab. This antenna performs every bit as good as my Kenwood MA-4000 2M-440, 36”whip mounted on the tailgate (see pix). The COMPACTenna is mag-mounted to the corner of the cab (see pix). It is my understanding that the physics behind the COMPACTenna’s design significantly departs from the conventional, coil-loaded-rod mobile whips. Aside from its remarkable performance, I’m delighted to have found an antenna that I don’t have to remove every time I choose to garage my vehicle.