Reviews Categories | Filters, Audio: (DSP and others) | FUNtronics ADSP Filter FDS-02 Help

Reviews Summary for FUNtronics ADSP Filter FDS-02
FUNtronics ADSP Filter FDS-02 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 2.8/5 MSRP: $85.00
Description: Mini external DSP/selectivity Filter
More info: http://www.elekitsorparts.com/product/external-audio-dsp-filter-module-ssbcw/

You can write your own review of the FUNtronics ADSP Filter FDS-02.

N4GW Rating: 2/5 Sep 20, 2017 07:38 Send this review to a friend
Not so great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mostly a SSB user so this fell short in that area. I have a lot of noise so was looking for a nice NR filter. When NR is engaged the volume drops greatly. if you turn the volume up on the radio to compensate, it overloads the unit and causes clipping. Not a pleasant experience. It does get rid of the noise, but the volume is so low it is difficult to hear. The unit has become useless for me. I contacted Elekits who I purchased it from, and they agreed with the me that it does have low volume and they were sorry. A lot of help that did me. You live and learn

NZ8I Rating: 4/5 Dec 21, 2016 08:16 Send this review to a friend
SSB Great CW SO-So  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Latest review is spot on for CW- I actually only used the cw filter not the dsp filters on cw.
On ssb it has worked amazing still for me.
I am thinking the bios upgrade feature may come in handy if they sort out the cw dsp problems.

AB2EW Rating: 0/5 Dec 20, 2016 07:07 Send this review to a friend
Update of previous review  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I finally heard back from my email inquiry to FUNtronics concerning the poor performance in noise reduction when receiving CW signals. They admitted that the filter is not designed to reduce noise while receiving CW. One should note, however, that their advertising and user manual makes no mention whatsoever of this limitation. Furthermore, I discovered an online video, from FUNtronics, which shows their filter reducing noise while receiving undistorted CW.

NZ8I Rating: 5/5 Sep 19, 2016 15:16 Send this review to a friend
Fabulous External Mini DSP  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Came across this brand new Chinese Micro external DSP/Selectivity Filter surfing the inter webs for new DSP products. Dudes I bought two of them this summer.
Half the price of my beloved BHI compact DSP unit. Even has selectivity filters for cw and ssb. Oh man, this baby will bring any portable or legacy ham/swl receiver into our century.
They sell them on their website and on EBAY.
I paid a summer sale price of 75.00 on the first and then chased another on EBAY for a serious discount.
Google YouTube videos to see it in action.
Look out West Mountain and BHI - new kid on the block. Same shocked feeling I had when I got my Chinese Tecsun PL-600 for ssb/cw portable receiving. Only this is way cooler.
Battery power via two AA batteries too.