Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | MyAntennas EFHW-8010 antenna Help

Reviews Summary for MyAntennas EFHW-8010 antenna
MyAntennas EFHW-8010 antenna Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$139.99
Description: 130' End Fed Half Wave wire antenna for 80/40/30/20/17/15/12/10
More info: http://MyAntennas.com

You can write your own review of the MyAntennas EFHW-8010 antenna.

K6GB Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2016 11:30 Send this review to a friend
Nice Piece!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have mine installed as an inverted "u", fed with a remote MFJ autotuner, loads well, gets me out on all bands. The quality of construction is excellent. I an very happy with this antenna.

W2BLC Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2016 14:05 Send this review to a friend
Worthwhile product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This end fed antenna works (I have been disappointed by others)! I installed the EFHW-8010-1K tuner box at 25 feet and the far end is at 10 feet. I use it as an alternate to my NVIS antenna on 75/40 and an R5 on the higher bands. It also gives me 60 meters (not advertised for this band) and 30 meters, which are new for me.

Doing A/B testing I could find no real difference between the end fed antenna and my NVIS dipoles on 75/40 meter bands. Further testing on other bands resulted in generally comparable results between the end fed and an R5 vertical. In some cases, the R5 performed slightly better and in other cases the EFHW-8010-1K did better most likely due to pattern differences. In all cases the end fed could hear what the R5 did.

I tested all bands with both my K3 and my TS480 and found the internal tuners easily handled everything well.

This antenna is not a space saver, as it is full size on 75/80 meters. That said, it does simplify installation the beauty of the end fed design.

I recommend this antenna with a few minor caveats for those living in harsh climates:

1. You would do well to replace the #18 wire with #12 if you can experience icing.
2. I would install strain relief for the antenna wire, rather than stressing the plastic box the tuner is in. Again, if you can experience icing.
3. By the same token, I would also make a rope harness to support that plastic box.

If you can only have one antenna and have the space for it - this is a fine choice. It will be a keeper at my station.

KM4DCJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2016 08:20 Send this review to a friend
A Sinle antenna that works on 8 bands  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is an easy set up antenna that works on 8 bands! Mine resonated on all bands with SWRs of under 2.5 except for the high end of 80m, and my internal tuner has no trouble tuning to 1 SWR. It is easy to set up. I have mine with the feed point on a tree at about 7' then sloping up to about 20' leveling off there and then back down to about 10' at the end and in this configuration (from North Carolina) have worked most states including Alaska and Hawaii, Russia, The Gambia, Australia, and many more! My prior antenna was a fan-dipole mounted in my attic and this antenna is much quieter. Service is fantastic! I have e-mailed a few questions to Danny and have gotten quick and knowledgable responses. At one point a storm knocked down a 70' tree that stretched and broke my antenna wire and Danny was able to send me a replacement wire so I was back on the air in a few days. I have no experience with tower antennas so it may not compete with them, but if you're looking for a single antenna that is easy to deploy and works on 8 bands, then I'd recommend you give it a try.

W5RG Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2016 11:11 Send this review to a friend
GREAT ANTENNA  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I live in a HOA and have used the EFHW 80-10 meter end feed antenna before, I wanted this antenna to have a larger balun for 1.5 KW plus 160-10 meter operation. I used my own wire which is smaller than what he sends with the package because my wire is harder to see by the HOA cops! It is mounted 30ft at each end and after playing with a counterpoise the only band with high SWR is 80 meters at 3:1 all the rest are 1.5 or less. I can use my tuner in the rig for 80 meters. The counterpoise worked out to be a little over 100ft long and ran down from the tree to the ground which I then just lay the rest on the ground around the back yard. After playing with that I raised the feed line...50ft of lmr-400...6ft off the ground to the 1:1 balun then into the shack. Very well made and so far very happy with it.. Bob W5RG