Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Mosely TA-33 Jr Help

Reviews Summary for Mosely TA-33 Jr
Mosely TA-33 Jr Reviews: 29 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $$300.00
Description: 3 band 3 element yagi for 10,15, and 20 meters. Rated for 1200W PEP or 500W CW. Can be upgraded for higher power and three additional bands (12, 17, 30 or 40M)
More info: http://www.mosley-electronics.com

You can write your own review of the Mosely TA-33 Jr.

NE9KM Rating: 5/5 Jul 4, 2016 13:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Purchased used in 1982. Used it for over 30 years till I took it down when we moved. It held up excellent and worked as well as any 3 element beam I have used. A great antenna that doesn't require the expense of a heavy tower and rotor.
Now refurbishing it with some new parts and it will be going up on a 30 ft Rohn 25G tower. Much lower than the 60 ft I had it on before but I'm not in a woods with 65 ft trees.

W3WMU Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2016 17:44 Send this review to a friend
Smart Purchase  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the Mosley TA-33 Jr based on the previous reviews and in the short time I have been using it the antenna has exceeded my expectations. All the previous reviews have answered any questions I had about the antenna.
Very happy with my purchase.

K2EQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2015 11:18 Send this review to a friend
On the roof in the 60s now in the shed  Time owned: more than 12 months
My first antenna beyond a dipole back in late sixties. Zero problems, great signal (plus awesome sunspot cycle back then!!) Ive been carrying it with me for almost 50 years dormant and will try putting it up this spring. Worked great with my Swan 350 until I took it down and went away to school, now I see that you can get mods for new bands and power. If the critters didnt eat the coils this will be quite an experiment.

K4JPN Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2014 09:13 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When I was in high school as K1VKW in the early 60ies I put up a TA-33jr. and used it for 6 years without any problems. Back in those days I think I paid $100 for it, anyways worked all summer to buy it. I recently decided to replace my old Cushcraft A4 which had been up for over 30 years, I thought about another Cushcraft A4, put finally decided on another TA-33jr. I have been very pleased with it. I am always pleased how the TA-33jr performs and stuff I hear with it, I cannot hear with my Zepp. Make sure you check your mast size as it comes standard with a 1 1/2 inches clamp, but they sell a clamp set for 2 inches.

VA3MLV Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2013 22:17 Send this review to a friend
Told ya  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Have had it ( mp33n elements ) but never put it togeather cause of not having all parts , so thought about ordering from Mosley but than thought " I can get a complete fairly used one " and eventually did from my new friend ve3ulc that I met up with in grafting Ontario 1hr and a bit from me. It was purchased in 2004 and used for a bit then stored so everything is in fairly new condition,anyways I got back home was thinking of using the MP traps ( bigger coils ) for driven element but I would have had to also use the bigger not longer driven element so the bigger traps fit and are originally for but I thought I would just leave it for now the way I got it ( TA33JR ) , pre drilled holes for easy assembly , made a nice choke from 10ft of 50ohm coax directly fed to driven element as mentioned in manual , did not use ground strap . All assembled on temporary antenna assembly tower section and got on 20m 1:1 at bottom middle - top 1:3
15m 1:1 at bottom middle - top 1:5
10m 1:1 more less threw all 28mhz
Will write review when at top of tower for awhile 73

NJ3U Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2011 11:30 Send this review to a friend
Great Value & Excellent Service  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My experience with this antenna and Mosely overall has been nothing short of excellent ! The a/b comparison against my multiband trap vertical is amazing. I first ran this antenna at field day this year on a 36 foot mil suprlus tube push up, now its found its happy home.

Best estimate is that my TA33jr is probably 30+ years old, still all the hardware is in excellent shape and this beam plays well.

The guys at Mosely provided excellent advice and parts to perform minor refurbishments.
I mounted it on a homebrew roof tower and rotate it with a Yaeus 450xl.

WARC addon may be in my future if someone has one contact me pls.

Full details on my photopage http://tinyurl.com/43kpspw

Any questions can be directed to my call at arrl.net

I would recommend this for any ham that doesn't need full legal limits.

W3AMF Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2010 12:59 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna for the price.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I installed it on a 40' tower in 1978, and it has withstood a lot of bad weather in 32 years. I took it down in October 2010, tightened some clamps, replaced the RG-8U connections, and put it back up. It works fine without a tuner on 10, 15, and most of 20 meters. With a tuner, it loads on 12 meters. The only limiting factor is its power handling ability: 300 W am/cw and 1,000 W PEP. If the 10-20 meter bands return, I will be ready for them.

KX9RJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2010 21:01 Send this review to a friend
It just keeps working  Time owned: more than 12 months
I put it up sometime in the late 80's or early 90's: no tuning, just put it together, lift it, and bolt it to the mast. So it's been up for more than 15 years. With zero maintenance, it still keeps working. Snow, ice, cold, rain, heat, severe thunderstorms in northern Illinois: no problems, no worries. My first and only HF tribander.

N5RL Rating: 4/5 Jun 5, 2010 10:20 Send this review to a friend
TA-33Jr 10 years later  Time owned: more than 12 months
Fast forward since my last review of this antenna back in 2001. The antenna is still going strong. No hardware or VSWR related problems over the last approximately 10 years. Performance has been good, at least as much as one can expect from a smaller array on a 12 foot boom. Good gain and good front to back and good results with the antenna only up 12 meters. One thing I have found is that it also has a very good match on 6 meters .. don't know why .. but nearly perfect from 50.1 through 52.525 MHz. As a result I am making good contacts on 6 cw, ssb, and FM. Perhaps this is somehow unique to my antenna. The antenna has withstood some very violent wind/thunder storms here in Texas without flinching. Would I buy it again ? You betcha ! Mosely antennas are keepers !

W2DWL Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2009 18:45 Send this review to a friend
Still going strong  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this used from a gentleman in TX who had it up for many years and after replacing some of the hardware and mounting the beam on the tower, I wasn't expecting much, but after one hour, I was very impressed with this little antenna. Well it's been up just over 1 year and it is still going strong.