Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | RadioWavz B14cf 1:4 Current Balun Help

Reviews Summary for RadioWavz B14cf 1:4 Current Balun
RadioWavz B14cf 1:4 Current Balun Reviews: 1 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $44.95
Description: RadioWavz Air Core bifilar Dual Core BALUN is the Guanella 4:1 current BALUN. Designed to handle full legal power with a low standing wave radio (SWR). It has 4 to 1 impedance ratio. Two transmission lines are connected in parallel at the low impedance side and in series at the high impedance end. Making for a more balanced and favorable match. The Ferrite core provides for a more efficient transformation. Frequency Coverage: 1.8 to 50 MHz. Good for matching a 200ohm load to a 50ohm load, or 300 ohm load to a 75ohm load. The 4:1 BALUN is a good match for feeding an Off-Center-Fed antenna and performs well feeding an open wire transmission line.
More info: http://www.radiowavz.com

You can write your own review of the RadioWavz B14cf 1:4 Current Balun.

W4CAS Rating: 3/5 Sep 27, 2016 13:04 Send this review to a friend
Good Product, Poor Customer Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered this device online, and when I received it, the balun seems to be well made and reasonably rugged, so my 3 rating is primarily because of poor (non-existant) customer service. My intended application was to use this on a W3EDP antenna that I was building. The W3EDP antenna design is essentially a modified Zepp, and requires that you know the "polarity" of the balun output so you will correctly connect the 450 ohm feedline. The output terminals are not marked or color coded as those made by other manufacturers, such as MFJ and others. I requested help on determining the "polarity", but never even got an acknowledgement that they had received my request. After several attempts I gave up. I have sent similar requests to MFJ and they give you immediate acknowledgement of receipt, and then they follow up with an answer within a day or two. It's a shame that Radiowavz does not value their customers any more than that - they do seem to build good products, but this experience has turned me off to any future purchases.