Reviews Categories | Microphone Equalizers & Transmit Audio Accessories | HEIL SM-1 SHOCK MOUNT Help

Reviews Summary for HEIL SM-1 SHOCK MOUNT
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $80.00
Description: The SM-1 Shock Mount is an 8-point flexible suspension support system that helps suppress low-frequency rumble on the microphone line by absorbing and damping vibrations picked up from the studio desk or console.

The SM-1 is designed for use with the slim-line Heil Sound microphones, such as the PR 20. Its 5/8" threads mount onto the PL-2T "Topless" and other mounts, for easy installation.
More info: http://www.heilsound.com/pro/sm-1

You can write your own review of the HEIL SM-1 SHOCK MOUNT.

W3ON Rating: 3/5 Oct 5, 2016 18:03 Send this review to a friend
It Works Ok. Don't like the elastic band.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hmm. I don't like this shock mount. My SM-1 fell apart. What I mean is that the elastic band somehow, after about 4 years, managed to become so loose that it fell off the shock mount, along with my microphone. I have tried to restring it. That task, so far, has not been accomplished. Update: I have talked to Heil Sound on the phone today. Their rep was helpful. She sent me a larger version of the SM-1 drawing found on their web site to aid me in restringing my SM-1. It helped, but still required quite a bit of experimentation to find the proper way to string the elastic band. I did use a small portable vise to hold the mic holder in place while I was restringing the SM-1.I was also told, and later proved correct, that my elastic band was most likely no longer holding its tension. It was suggested that I could send the SM-1 to Heil Sound for the installation of a new elastic band, for a nominal fee of about 1/4 the cost of a new SM-1. Or I could buy a new SM-1 elastic band and do my own restringing. They are available on Amazon, ham radio dealers, and other places. I managed to get mine restrung, although the elastic band is not as tight as when I purchased it some years ago. I also had about six inches of elastic band left over, which confirmed that my elastic band was stretched beyond its limits, which I managed to tighten and then secure to the shaft of the SM-1 with 2 wire ties. Its not pretty, but so far it works. Most likely the next time that it gets loose I will send the SM-1 to Heil Sound. I also asked about using the PRSM shock mount with my ICM microphone. I was told that also would work.