Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Pyle PCB4BK Help

Reviews Summary for Pyle PCB4BK
Pyle PCB4BK Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $86.99 (pair) (about $30.00 stree
Description: Full range bookshelf speaker
More info: http://www.pyleaudio.com/sku/pcb4bk/4-200-watt-black-mini-cube-bookshelf-speaker-in-black(pair)

You can write your own review of the Pyle PCB4BK.

N5BCN Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2017 10:36 Send this review to a friend
Solid basic speakers  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for relatively inexpensive, decent quality, small footprint speakers that would be an improvement over the rig's built-in speaker. These meet all of those criteria. A pair can be purchased online for less than $30. They are about 4" cubes and appear to be well made with a fair amount of heft to them. They definitely are an improvement over my transceivers' (Elecraft K2 and Kenwood TS-530S) stock speakers: fuller sound and less "crackle". Solid choice and won't break the bank.

K6IOU Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2016 16:54 Send this review to a friend
Good sound for the $  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a pair of these taking a chance as I'd never heard of them before. Hooked one each to a couple of my mobile transceivers that I use in the shack.

They work great! Good 'full' sound, big improvement over the small built in speakers in the rigs.

Just ordered another pair to complete my setup. The last pair were just under $22 from the company that offers "prime" shipping.

K1VCT Rating: 4/5 Oct 8, 2016 16:51 Send this review to a friend
Good sound  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought an IC-R75 with hopes of adding an IC-718 later on. Both have similar built in speakers that are small, not to loud, and rather lacking in response.

I thought a smallish "bookshelf" speaker might do the trick, the Pyle PCB4BK seemed to fit the bill.

They come in a pair. I ran a pair (parallel, 4 ohms) with my IC-R75 for a year, and the sound was very very nice. On broadcast, I got full and deep low end response, and nice crisp highs. The little cabinets have tuned ports to enhance the lows.

Just got the IC-718 hooked up, and transferred one of the Pyle PCB4BK speakers over to it, with similar "better than that built in factory speaker" results.

I'm happy with them. They don't distort on the available output from either of the radios. They can take 200w (peak) audio. They have push type wire connectors on their rear panel.

I'm as cheap as the next guy, appreciate a bargain, and these seem to fit. They are not optimized for "speech", but full range. They are completely passive, no EQ or DSP built in. But you can buy 'em for under $30 on the various on-line sites.

I can't see getting another type of speaker, ever.