Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | COMET-NCG TYANTPF Vehicle specific fender bracket, no holes to d Help

Reviews Summary for COMET-NCG TYANTPF Vehicle specific fender bracket, no holes to d
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$19.95
Description: Stainless Steel L Bracket/Fender Mount 3/4" Hole. For use with NMO style
antennas or PL259 with SO239 mounts. The TYANTPF happens to fit the 2007-
2013 Toyota Tundra. Vehicle specific fender bracket, no holes to drill.
More info: http://www.cometantenna.com/amateur-radio/no-holes-mobile-mounts/antenna-mounts-and-brackets/

You can write your own review of the COMET-NCG TYANTPF Vehicle specific fender bracket, no holes to d.

NM6E Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2016 20:27 Send this review to a friend
Simple L-Bracket Mount for UHF/VHF NMO or SO239 antenna Toyota  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having used mag mounts as well as door mounts and ruined/scratched the paint jobs on numerous vehicles over many years, I found out about these simple L-Brackets that require no holes.

In my case, I bought two of part number TYANTPF, one for my 2007 Tundra and another for the wifes 2016 Sequoia for when we go on road trips. The L-Bracket is nothing special.

I mounted a Diamond C213-SMA coax assembly to the base of the L bracket and easily fed the thin RG316 coax between the fender and the drivers side door. The L-Bracket was mounted on the drivers side fender as per the simple instructions and I added extra star washers and cleaned off the area within the fender to ensure it was grounded all around.

I mounted a Diamond CR320A 2m/220/440 UHF/PL259 (NOT NMO) to the C213-SMA base. Now, if I use my HT, the coax is SMA ready and the C213-SMA also comes with an SMA to PL259 adapter when/if I get a real high powered radio that has a UFH/SO239 connector.

The install took a whole 5 minutes to mount the L-Bracket, route the coax through the fender and tape the coax (with Gorilla Tape) the RG316 coax into the cab through the door jamb and rout it.

Simple, no holes, no water leaks to be concerned about and the mount and antenna are sturdy. They make them for Pickup trucks (Ford/GM/Dodge/Toyota etc). The TYANTPF stated would fit 2007-2013 Toyota Tundras but it also fit on the 2016 Sequoia as the body styles are practically identical on the front end.