Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Radiowavz 17M Double Bazooka Help

Reviews Summary for Radiowavz 17M Double Bazooka
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $45.95 Manuf price 37.95 HRO
Description: This is a single band dipole antenna
More info: http://radiowavz.com

You can write your own review of the Radiowavz 17M Double Bazooka.

KC4BW Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2017 20:18 Send this review to a friend
Not bad after all  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I finally took the time to put a Comet 500 SWR analyzer on the antenna. I trimmed the solid wire ends so I now have an SWR of 1:1 across the entire 17m band with no tuner. The SWR meter just barely flickers when I am transmitting on SSB. Since trimming the antenna to resonance I worked my first LU9 in Argentina on 17 using 100 watts, so I can't complain. I therefore am changing my original rating of 4 to a 5.

KC4BW Rating: 4/5 Nov 19, 2016 11:04 Send this review to a friend
Works as advertized  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I haven't had this antenna very long, but there is one thing about it that stands out over a regular 1/2 wave wire dipole for the same band, and that is the RX noise level. I built a resonant wire dipole for 17M and my noise level was typically between S8 and S9 most days. When I put up the double bazooka I noticed immediately that the noise level was S6 to S7. That is at least an improvement and it helps in hearing weaker signals on the band. The TX side is about the same as the home brew wire dipole I built. The paperwork that comes with the antenna has some sales hype that says it is 98% efficient. I can't hardly believe that.
The SWR according to Radiowavz is less than 2:1 which is the standard statement that most wire antenna manufacturers state. Mine is around 1.4 to 1.5:1 so it's like the manufacturer said.
I will keep it installed for a while see how it goes with the DX on the band.