Reviews Categories | Filters, RF: bandpass, lowpass, highpass, RFI/EMI, etc.. | Bencher YA1 Low Pass Filter Help

Reviews Summary for Bencher YA1 Low Pass Filter
Bencher YA1 Low Pass Filter Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $75
Description: A high quality low pass filter designed to eliminate radio frequency interference between your ham rig and televisions, telephones, and stereos. Designed to handle maximum legal power, the YA-1 filter is carefully crafted of the finest materials. Placed in line between the rig and the tuner (or as the last step in line before the antenna when not using a tuner) the YA-1 filter demonstrates a minimum attenuation of 80 db or better in independent lab tests for harmonic radiation above 50 MhZ and higher. <br>
More info: http://www.bencher.com/radioequip.html

You can write your own review of the Bencher YA1 Low Pass Filter.

KC9TNH Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2012 07:34 Send this review to a friend
The real deal  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Did some testing prior to putting KW amp on line due to in-house use of internet, CATV, etc., especially due to dipole's proximity to the residence in a suburban setting. I was going to buy one but the amp's seller had one & made it part of the deal. (Almost) the best part of that deal.

Zero issues; I am not affecting neighbors, no wavy lines on the TV, streaming radar runs great, no other devices affected. This is a seriously functional piece of gear. Pay once, cry once.

VE3BDE Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2012 20:38 Send this review to a friend
"THE BEST"  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
"Bencher YA1"I JUST GOT MINE YESTERDAY RF GONE LIKE MAGIC WOW..LIVING IN APARTMENT IS NOT EASY.
MY SWR WAS NOT AFFECTED FIRST TIME I USE A FILTER,VERY SOLID BUILD.
THANK YOU BENCHER!!!!

EI8GGB Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2010 10:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used to experience a real bad case of TV breakthrough whenever I tried to operate my radio's.
I did try out various different brands of low pass filter, but none of them gave any success.
Then I came across the reviews of the Bencher YA-1 here on eham. I decided after reading the praises that this filter has been given to go ahead and order one for myself.
Dealing with Bencher was a pleasure, I was kept informed of all stages of the order and e-mailed when it was shipped.
Now, as I live in Ireland I did expect a few weeks to go by before getting my filter in the post. How wrong was I !! The filter arrived at my home 6 days later!! Which I think is remarkable, considering that it came from Bencher direct in the states.
I installed the filter straight away, and as if by magic the problems that I was causing dis-appeared!! Seriously, I was quite amazed, this filter is remarkable.
I have 100% absolutely no hesitation in recommending this filter to anyone.
Brilliant!

Andy
EI8GGB

WZ1P Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2009 13:19 Send this review to a friend
A great HF filter  Time owned: more than 12 months
It does the job. Forever! No RFI, no problems. This is not a toy. This is the real item. Do not buy anything less.

Dan WZ1P

SV2DXA Rating: 2/5 Oct 12, 2008 00:40 Send this review to a friend
No big differesce  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am working with or without filter and i don't see big different.

K4TER Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2008 07:12 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely NO TVI!  Time owned: more than 12 months

I echo the other reviews. I didn't know it was possible to totally eliminate RFI problems, but now I know it's true.

I got the YA1 and an ICE 421, since I REALLY wanted to eliminate my RFI problems. I full-time in an RV, and having neighbors literally steps away from my 400-watt station actually got me evicted from one RV park!

Even though folks were surprisingly understanding and accomodating, it was still stressful for me, in the knowledge that I was negatively impacting their lives. For example, at one RV park I turned-on the instant hot water heater in the motorhome on one side of me, and in the trailer on the other side of me I tripped the GFI!

But since replacing my 30-year-old J.W. Miller unit with the two new filters I have had NO complaints in any of the RV parks I've stayed at. Now I'm more relaxed--confident when I pull into a new park that I can ham to my heart's content and not alienate any of my neighbors.

VK5FDMR Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2007 03:08 Send this review to a friend
When nothing but the best will do  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Hi everyone. As you can see from my call sign, I am a new member to the Amateur Radio community gaining my Licence in February 2006. On my current grade of licence I am restricted to just 10 watts RF PEP, so RFI should not be a problem for me and of course nor has it been Hi Hi. I intend to upgrade my licence ASAP in 2007, with that will come more bands and 100 watts PEP. I read the reviews here on eham on the Bencher YA-1 Low Pass Filter and I was impressed. I also asked my fellow VK Ham friends and they too had the same opinion on this Low Pass Filter. I decided to purchase one. I have to say that I am very impressed with the unit in both its looks and performance. I am looking forward to upgrading my licence and running more power. I also look forward to many many years of trouble free operating with out dreaded RFI problems. I have to say that I am very pleased with this unit and would definitely recommend this product.

Happy DXing,

Best 73 de Dave VK5FDMR

K7PWR Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2007 20:42 Send this review to a friend
Im impressed!! :) 5 STAR* * * * *  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well, after reading these reviews on this site, i decided to go out and get one.Well, i hooked it up about 2 hours ago, and noticed a hell of a difference with my computer, and living room tvi.Its gone!! No interference whatsoever, even running full wattage.Yup, Im happy and feel much more protected from the gladis Kravitz type of neighbors that i have,nosy bastards. There always looking for a reason .... Thank God for these product reviews!! This low pass filter is a 5 star winner and i get to stay on the air!!! ***** Worth every dollar. 73 K7PWR

OE3SGU Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2006 10:40 Send this review to a friend
Troublefree  Time owned: more than 12 months
Owned the YA-1 for many years when living in an office building and used it with my AL-80B and 800 watts out. Never any kind of TVI/BCI issues. One of the units that will last forever.

VK2TLG Rating: 5/5 Jun 27, 2005 16:48 Send this review to a friend
when only the best will do  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The filter does its job well and cleans the crap � when you want the best then get this filter. Highly reccomend