Reviews Categories | Filters, RF: bandpass, lowpass, highpass, RFI/EMI, etc.. | Bencher YA1 Low Pass Filter Help

Reviews Summary for Bencher YA1 Low Pass Filter
Bencher YA1 Low Pass Filter Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $75
Description: A high quality low pass filter designed to eliminate radio frequency interference between your ham rig and televisions, telephones, and stereos. Designed to handle maximum legal power, the YA-1 filter is carefully crafted of the finest materials. Placed in line between the rig and the tuner (or as the last step in line before the antenna when not using a tuner) the YA-1 filter demonstrates a minimum attenuation of 80 db or better in independent lab tests for harmonic radiation above 50 MhZ and higher. <br>
More info: http://www.bencher.com/radioequip.html

You can write your own review of the Bencher YA1 Low Pass Filter.

WO8USA Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2005 15:55 Send this review to a friend
Don't even know its there!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great piece of equipment---no RFI/TVI...got the high power version at urging of elmer who said "someday you'll have an amp"!

Looked great in QST review......used for 10 years. Can't go wrong.

Chris WO8USA

N1GXC Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2005 05:37 Send this review to a friend
Great Spec's.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using a YA1 for years. Recently I bumped into a technical review on this filter at the ARRL website. Just above 30mhz it takes a real nosedive to around 42 mhz where it's flat from there on out. They compared the six most popular low pass filters and the YA1 did better than most other filters costing much more. I have never had any complaints from the neighbors while using it. This would be an excellent choice for anyone operating on HF.

KE7BRJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2005 02:00 Send this review to a friend
Very good.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Haven't had any troubles.

WB6Q Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2004 23:47 Send this review to a friend
Best Low Pass Filter  Time owned: more than 12 months
It's the best lowpass filter on the market. That's because it has the best spec's of any lowpass filter on the market.

K8ND Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2004 04:18 Send this review to a friend
Beefy and Effective  Time owned: more than 12 months
At a big-gun contest station on a Caribbean island, we had some problems with TVI and RFI with our neighbors. We run up to 5 full-power stations during contests, and the neighborhood is located miles away from TV and radio stations: receiving is completely weak-signal. A variety of standard solutions were attempted: high-pass filters at the receivers, better grounding, bandpass filters between the transmitters and amplifiers, etc. The YA-1 low-pass filters, placed at the output of each station's amplifier, completely resolved the problem! I've since purchased a couple YA-1 filters for my home station as well.

KD6LM Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2001 17:11 Send this review to a friend
Solved my problem!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When reading the recent survey on e-ham, I noticed that over 50% of all hams have had some sort of RFI problem in the past. I was thinking how lucky I was not to have experianced that, when my downstairs neighbor stopped me on my way upstairs to my new apartment to complain about voices coming out of her telephone and stereo. Looking inside her apartment I could see I had a problem: her stereo consisted of one of those piece of junk plastic all-in-one units, with speakers placed all around her apartment connected by long runs of unshielded speaker wire placed under the carpet. The telephone was a $25 cordless unit.

My rig is a Kenwood TS130s running through a Kenwood 130 tuner into a 85' longwire in the trees (I usually operate 15-80). I use a T-Kit (Ten-Tec) counterpoise for my RF ground as I live on the second floor of an apartment building. My neighbor lives right below me. Longwires are notorious for RFI problems, a reputation well deserved as I just found out. I decided to buy the Bencher YA1, the most expensive RFI filter I could get (about $25 more than most), but also having the best specs. Since I have started using the YA1, I have had no complaints what-so-ever, nothing. I consider my situation to be the acid test of a RFI filter, I can't imagine a worse situation. The Bencher solved solved my problem, and has allowed my to stay on the air. I give it my highest recommendation.