Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | Spiderbeam 47 foot (14.5m) Aluminum Mast Help

Reviews Summary for Spiderbeam 47 foot (14.5m) Aluminum Mast
Spiderbeam 47 foot (14.5m) Aluminum Mast Reviews: 1 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $579.00
Description: Robust mast for permanent installation - mount your HD
Spiderbeam or other lightweight Yagi antenna at a serious
height of 14.5m (47 feet)
More info: http://www.spiderbeam.us/product_info.php?info=p245_Aluminium%20Telescopic%20Mast%2014.5m%20HD%20(47ft).html

You can write your own review of the Spiderbeam 47 foot (14.5m) Aluminum Mast .

W5FCX Rating: 4/5 Nov 26, 2016 19:47 Send this review to a friend
Great mast for the money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this HD mast to go with my HD Spiderbeam and get it up in the air around 50' feet, including the base/rotor and stand pipe. So far, it has done the job quite nicely.

One issue with the mast had to do with not receiving any instructions or docs in the box, so I found myself experimenting and making certain mistakes as a first-time mast user. Better (any?) documentation in the box would be a great help for newbie mast users.

The biggest challenge turned out to be raising the mast with the heavier HD Spiderbeam antenna on top. As you get several sections up, it becomes quite heavy and difficult to lift. Worse yet, it takes two people on ladders to deal with it - one to lift and hold, another to tighten/untighten (and hope it does slip on you).

I came up with my own solution to this problem - a way to automatically raise the mast 30 inches at a time, along with a way to mount and dismount the antenna - without any helpers, so I can handle the antenna and mast now solo at my remote location, where getting help isn't easy. Visit my website for more details on how I manage this mast now: http://www.w5fcx.net/2016/11/24/how-i-manage-my-mast-and-spiderbeam-antenna/

Overall, I would recommend this mast as it's sturdy, high-quality aluminum construction, capable of handling a serious load like the 26 pounds of HD Spiderbeam (with proper guying).