Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Hytera MD782G Help

Reviews Summary for Hytera MD782G
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $499
Description: DMR/Analog mobile
More info: http://https://www.gigaparts.com/hytera-dmr-mobile-uhf-w-gps-420-450-mhz-1024ch-45w.html

You can write your own review of the Hytera MD782G.

AG2AA Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2017 10:09 Send this review to a friend
way to go GigaParts!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My earlier review mentioned that the radio as delivered would not operate analog wideband and did not work well on legacy analog repeaters. Thanks to gigaparts continued efforts and sticking with the issue, this has been resolved by a firmware update. it took a few tries but we have succeeded. This was the first version of firmware that the radio recognized as "newer" and it allowed me to install the update. the process of taking my existing codeplug and getting the CPS software to recognize that the radio had been updated was not intuitive. fortunately I have some experience with commercial equipment so I was able to figure it out.

the easiest way (but time consuming) would be for a user to 1) update the radio so it allows wideband. 2) "read" the empty radio with the CPS so the correct feature set is recognized by the CPS. 3) re-enter any existing channels in the blank CPS. 4) save the new Codeplug. 5) write the new codeplug to the radio

I did test the deviation with a service monitor and it does indeed now allow and recognize 25KHz and 12.5 KHz channels as is appropriate for amateur (but not commercial) operation.

thanks for sticking with me on this issue. Now the radio is useful for both DMR and analog operation on the amateur bands.

AG2AA Rating: 3/5 Dec 4, 2016 02:28 Send this review to a friend
OK, with issues  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked this up from giga parts last week. so far, so good with minor issues. they did not have the programming software listed on their web site, I had to request it via email. now there is a link. well done.

the only real issue is that by default, the radio is narrow (12.5KHz) only. Analog repeaters are loud and distorted on RX, and my TX is very low because of the deviation mismatch. to operate on 25 KHz analog requires a special unlock license. I am waiting on that license at this point and will update my review. otherwise, the radio works as programmed on DMR. the programming software seems to run slow and be a resource hog on my PC. it is a huge download as well. i'm hoping for improvements eventually.