Reviews Categories | Receive Accessories | DX Engineering NCC-2 Receive antenna phasing system Help

Reviews Summary for DX Engineering NCC-2 Receive antenna phasing system
DX Engineering NCC-2 Receive antenna phasing system Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $700
Description: Antenna phasing unit
More info: http://www.dxengineering.com/search/product-line/dx-engineering-ncc-2-receive-antenna-phasing-systems

You can write your own review of the DX Engineering NCC-2 Receive antenna phasing system.

KC1MK Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2017 20:33 Send this review to a friend
Goodby QRN  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used an MFJ 1026 with a separate noise-sense antenna for a number of years. It usually works fairly well, but can be rather finicky to set just right to reduce or eliminate the QRN here (there is severe power-line RFI more often than not).
I've been doing a bit of work on the station (new antenna, new rig, new tuner, etc.) and decided to spring for the NCC-2. Absolutely no regrets, other than that I didn't do so years ago. The NCC-2 is much easier to adjust than the MFJ 1026 and usually produces a deeper null as well. And it's resettable, whereas the MFJ 1026 usually required a fair amount of tweaking.
I have seen some say that the MFJ 1026 does the same thing as the NCC-2 and for much less money. IMO, this isn't true. Not only is the build quality far superior in the NCC-2, but it provides complete 360-degree phase adjustment up to 15 MHz, and still provides about 270 degrees at 30 MHz. And as the relative phase of the two antennas is adjusted, the gain stays constant, eliminating one issue when adjusting the MFJ 1026.
My main antenna is a 102' inverted vee with the apex at about 25' and the ends at about six feet, fed with 450-ohm ladder line to a Palstar AT2K tuner. My noise-sense antenna is a mini G5RV at about eight feet, at about 90 degrees to and about 50 feet from the main antenna.
BTW, I also installed the Receiver Guard and DXE receive preamp in the B side of the NCC-2.

K2LS Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2016 10:52 Send this review to a friend
WOW  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Afters a neighbor got a new PLASMA TV, I have been experiencing a TREMENDOUS amount of "GARBAGE" on 20 meters. At times I can not copy weak signals. Now the NCC-2 is inline with a dipole sense antenna tacked to my back fence. I can take a 20DB over S9 signal and make it DISAPPEAR! I can "tune" it to eliminate noise sources on 160 meters and copy signals that were impossible to copy before. Even if you think your noises can not be diminished, this unit works GREAT! The people at DxEngineering have been extremely helpful.