Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | BaMaKey TP-II Help

Reviews Summary for BaMaKey TP-II
BaMaKey TP-II Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $250
Description: Twin-Paddle Key.
weight: 200g / 7,05 oz. dimensions: 0,87x1,97x2,76 (4,33)".
hard anodized aluminum housing, all brass parts chrome
plated, high precision ball bearings, sensitive adjustment
of stroke and preload, preload adjustable with magnets,
silvered and golden contacts, connecting cable with 3,5mm
plug.
Optional, brass chrome plated magnetic base brass chrome
plated. weight: 400g / 14,1 oz. dimensions: 0,31x2,76x3,54".
With this magnetic base the portable paddle key can be used
as your station paddle key. Strong magnets hold the travel
paddle connected to the base.
More info: http://www.shop.bamatech.de/Amateurfunk/Morsetasten/

You can write your own review of the BaMaKey TP-II.

ON4AMG Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2017 03:27 Send this review to a friend
High quality German engineering  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I was lucky enough to grab one of the bordeaux colored ones which seem to be selling out very quickly. Communication with Markus went very smoothly and he kindly addressed every of my questions.
The key, as already stated, is beautifully crafted and lends itself most to portable operations because of its weight and smaller size. Since I am using mine in the shack, I decided to order the magnetic base plate with it (a nice shiny piece of chrome plated brass with rounded corners and indents on the front and back).
Operation has been flawless and although the paddles are indeed somewhat smaller than others they are surprisingly easy and effortless to work with.
I very much like how everything is protected/covered making maintenance very easy, just take the dust of with a cloth and that is it, no need to use a brush to get between parts that are usually exposed on top of the base plate.
Can it be improved? Not really however I personally prefer a heavier base, doubling the thickness thereof (currently about 8 mm) would provide a touch more stability and comfort (depending upon ones sending style). May be a future option?

AA3II Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2016 12:55 Send this review to a friend
sturdy, compact, reliable, beautiful piece of equipment  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I returned to the hobby about a year and a half ago and operate almost exclusively CW. I operate mostly /p (esp. SOTA). I use paddles and a bug. The BaMaKey TP-II is my third pair of paddles, and I can strongly endorse the BaMaKey as a hybrid portable/base-station key. Its smooth movement, zero maintenance, general reliability, and versatility have made it my favorite all-purpose key.
For portable use, its strengths are its sturdiness and compact design. It fits easily in one hand, and it has no exposed moving parts (other than the paddles themselves of course). I operate it either held in one hand or strapped to my thigh with a bungee cord. Because everything is enclosed, I can toss it in my backpack with hardly a concern, and its small enough to fit into a pants pocket if needs be. Because of the enclosure I also dont worry about dirt getting into the movement.
The key has an optional base plate that the key fits into smoothly and tightly. This adds almost a pound to the keys heft, and thus enhances its usability at home. A key exclusively for shack use would ideally be bigger, particularly the paddles for example.
Lastly, a word to the craftsmanship and customer service: outstanding. This is a serious piece of precision engineering, and its appearance is mighty impressive. I consider the key appropriately priced. I had some email exchanges with the key's designer and producer - Markus, DL6YYM and can report that customer service is friendly, prompt, and helpful. I purchased the key while on business in Germany, but hes able to ship the BaMaKey worldwide.