Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Maxcon Line Isolator Help

Reviews Summary for Maxcon Line Isolator
Maxcon Line Isolator Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$39.95
Description: Rated at 2kw covers H.F.PVC construction and accepts PL-259 on both ends.
More info: http://www.maxconus.com/index.html

You can write your own review of the Maxcon Line Isolator.

K8DXX Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2017 14:34 Send this review to a friend
Built Well... Works Well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This line isolator has been installed at the feed point of a Maxcom OCF dipole. My home made choke (12 turns of LMR-240 on a 4 inch core) was ineffective. I had to use a combinations of Radio Works line isolators and split beads along the transmission line to keep RF out of the shack. Maxcom's Line Isolator keeps RF at bay running 1.2 KW. I also don't need the other brand line isolators and split beads. Looks like a great quick fix.

SWR has changed slightly, up on some bands and down on others. Only significant change is that I have gained use of 15 meters. I made the connection between the feed point/balun and Line Isolator with a good quality double male UHF barrel connector (sealed with raincoat tape). Also taped the coax (LMR-240) to the bottom end of the Line Isolator as suggested by Milton to eliminate downward pull on the PL259 into the Line Isolator.

All in all, a positive addition to the station. I recommend it!

KB4BJM Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2016 13:05 Send this review to a friend
This thing rocks.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed this Isolator at the feed point of my Maxcon OCF-3K80 dipole and it added 15 meters with perfect SWR. I'm thinking about using them on my beams. Solid performer and well built. Great service too.