Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | MyAntennas MEF-330-2K Multiband EFHW Antenna Transformer Help

Reviews Summary for MyAntennas MEF-330-2K Multiband EFHW Antenna Transformer
MyAntennas MEF-330-2K Multiband EFHW Antenna Transformer Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$119.99
Description: This is an End-Fed Half-Wave antenna (EFHW) transformer
covering 3-30Mhz 80/40/30/20/17/15/12/10m amateur bands
or any frequency in between. It transforms high impedance
~3000 Ohms at the end of half wave radiator to 50 Ohms
and features very low insertion loss. Power Handling: 2kW
I.C.A.S
More info: http://myantennas.com/wp/

You can write your own review of the MyAntennas MEF-330-2K Multiband EFHW Antenna Transformer.

W6LZC Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2016 13:16 Send this review to a friend
Great upgrade to existing halfwave endfed antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am a current owner and user of MyAntenna EFHW-8010. I have been running high power (500 to 800 watts) but less than the rated 1K without any problems such as changed swr and overheated ferrite core due to prolong use. I was concerned when reading several forums about endfed antennas that many hams were telling users to run no more than 100 watts with some hams saying that it should be limited to qrp only.

So when Danny announced that he has produced a higher power transformer when can handle legal limit that I decided to upgrade my EFHW-8010 to handle the higher power when running an amplifier to give me a margin of safety whenever I was operating with an amp.

Danny shipped my order by priority mail which I received in 3 business days. It was a simple task of swapping out the original transformer with this new transformer. I ran the antenna analyzer and found that the resonance points were close to the original points that no adjustments were needed.

Operationally, I did not noticed any changes when using the new transformer on both transmit or receive. My noise levels remained the same as with the original transformer, an S0-s2 depending upon the band, very quiet.

Interesting observation, I was not able to tune on 6 meters with the original transformer, but with this unit, I am able to tune 6 meter with flat swr. I will test this next year when the band open to see how it performs.

So far, I am very happy with this upgrade. I would highly recommend this product for those wanting to operate with an amplifier into an EFHW antenna with a margin of safety.