Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | W6PQL HF Amplifiers Help

Reviews Summary for W6PQL HF Amplifiers
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Varies on build version
Description: 1 KW & 2KW completely assembled or build yourself
More info: http://www.w6pql.com/1_kw_sspa_for_1_8-54_mhz.htm

You can write your own review of the W6PQL HF Amplifiers.

WD5Y Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2016 07:33 Send this review to a friend
2KW W6PQL HF Amplifier  Time owned: more than 12 months
I chose to build the modules along with items that did not require alignment: LPF, directional couplers, etc. This amp has two blf188xr modules so it will loaf at legal limit. It is fully remotable including power up, standby mode, and follows radio band selection by bcd method. It has ALC, Temp, SWR protection, and if the wrong band (LPF) selection happens it is protected as well. This amp has all of the features and more to completely protect from any mistake, this is accomplished by a unique control board that is listed on Jim's (W6PQL) site along with many options available. You can build your own or Jim will sell completed amps as well. You can even partially build as I did. I even added the option for pure signal or adaptive predistortion which works with Flex and Anan radios. I can not say enough good about Jim's help and instructions as I required while building this amp. You can see photos of my build on my QRZ page (WD5Y). Also, please check Jim's (W6PQL) site for information on these great amps. The amplifier works flawlessly and I have even added upgrades for improvements for an already perfect amp.

Thanks and 73's