Reviews Categories | Receivers: Scanners | Uniden BC-175XL Help

Reviews Summary for Uniden BC-175XL
Uniden BC-175XL Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $175.00USD
Description: Scanner from mid-1980's, 16CH, 29MHz - 60MHz VHF Low, 118MHz - 135MHz AM Air, 135MHz - 172MHz VHF High, 406MHz - 512MHz UHF.

You can write your own review of the Uniden BC-175XL.

N2MDV Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2017 22:28 Send this review to a friend
Great 1980's classic scanner! Still good today!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought this new in 1987 and still use it as my main scanner. Good ears on this scanner too. For about $200.00 it RX'ed AM Aircraft and 29MHz 10M FM bands. Not many scanners back then did that, especially in this price range. It was zapped by close strike lightning once in the mid-1990's, and worth the $80.00 I'd spent to get that repaired. The other repair I was able to do. One of the great jerks about Uniden was the use of under voltage rated electrolytic capacitors. So, if you have one of these scanners and the audio slowly gets weaker, and weaker, and weaker, it's the audio coupling CAP. Knowing this, replacing all those CAP's is certainly doable. One little trick to reduce any birdies this scanner may have is to ground the outer case of the main crystal. That works in other radios as well. I use this scanner now to listen to amateur FREQ's and let me know when 10M and 6M FM bands are open. Still, serves me well.