Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Comet SS680SBNMO Help

Reviews Summary for Comet SS680SBNMO
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 2.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 2m/70cm 27" mobile antenna

You can write your own review of the Comet SS680SBNMO.

KD9AZW Rating: 2/5 Jan 15, 2017 05:59 Send this review to a friend
Good While It Lasted  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this antenna specifically so I could pull into the garage without lowering the antenna. It's 27 inch length on the hatch of my car worked well and for a while it gave really great performance. Then I started to get garbled reports after about 18 months. Checked the SWR and it had gone up to over 3.0 on both bands. Unscrewed the base - not the NMO mount but the base above the mount, and it was full of water. This was disappointing as I have always taken it off when I went through a car wash (used a NMO cover also) and it had never been hit by anything. I sent a note to Comet and they said they would replace it as long as it was within the 12 month warranty so I was out of luck and had a leaky antenna. I dried it and resealed but it still does not seem as good as at first.

The customer service from Comet was great as they immediately got back to me which is why the rating is as high as it is but should an antenna like this leak after only 18 months?