Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Swan SWR-1a Help

Reviews Summary for Swan SWR-1a
Swan SWR-1a Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $Unknown
Description: 3.5-150 MHZ SWR/WATTMETER
More info: http://Unknown

You can write your own review of the Swan SWR-1a.

KC0JBJ Rating: 4/5 Jul 20, 2001 00:27 Send this review to a friend
Need info!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just picked on of these babies up at a hamfest last weekend. It is pristine, still in original polybag, but no manual. Seems to give good SWR readings, at least it agrees with my Henry meter, which has a similar construction.

With two meters, I thought it would read absolute, not relative, power. One meter has the SWR scale below and a Big "W" (for Watts?)on top, but there is no selector switch. The other meter is simply marked in tens up to 100 (per cent relative power?) with the word "set" above 100, so obviously, you adjust the sensitivity knob for 100 percent to get your true SWR reading on the first meter. But why is there another scale below it on the second meter, going up to 50?

Help!

Please send info to: dreader@att.net

Thanks!

KB5QNO Rating: 4/5 Feb 7, 2001 23:01 Send this review to a friend
Very simple to use  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This has got to be the easiest meter that I have ever used. I have had this for allmost a year now. Works perfect on everything from 3.5 to 148 MHZ. Allways gets me into everything. I work alot of DX and nothing but great reports, from 5X9 to 20 over S9. Very seldom a 5X5. I finally found a source for getting a manual for this. I would like to Thank PY1KZ for sending me a manual via e-mail. Power Ratings up to 1000 watts on HF & 50 Watts on UHF. I guess now I can get rid of my NEW
MFJ-817?