Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Yaesu SP-10 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu SP-10
Yaesu SP-10 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 2.3/5 MSRP: $169.00
Description: Matching external speaker for the FT-991 series HF/VHF/UHF portable radio

You can write your own review of the Yaesu SP-10.

N3CAL Rating: 2/5 Mar 3, 2018 14:35 Send this review to a friend
Way Overpriced  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Only positive thing I can say about this speaker is how well it looks along side my FT-991A. That's it.

At $149.95 it's way overpriced! Performance is very poor. It sounds terrible. I wouldn't waste your money on it. I was so unhappy with how it sounded I replaced the speaker with a Peerless 830984 2-1/2" Full Range Woofer as recommended below. It sounds much better now! I can't believe YAESU would sell such a dud???? You can get a nice pair of Bose powered speakers for half the price of this one.

GW4DVB Rating: 2/5 May 14, 2017 01:57 Send this review to a friend
Cosmetically Nice !!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
If you are after a speaker that cosmetically matches your FT-991(A) you can't get a better match - However, do not expect the speaker to provide any better sound than that which comes out of the FT-991 - With a such high price tag (here in the UK) my suggestion is don't waste your money.
VE7IHL Rating: 3/5 Mar 9, 2017 19:02 Send this review to a friend
Not Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I found that for the high cost of this speaker, the sound was not that good. I used with a FT-991A. The sound was "raspy" and sort of "buzzy". I took N0USR advice and purchased the Peerless 830984 2.5" speaker as a replacement. WARNING: this speaker does not directly fit, you will need to do some machine and trimming! I also put in some foam inside the speaker. It does sound better now. I also had to widen up the receive setting on the Ft-991A to at least 2.8 KHz so it sounds less tinny.
N0USR Rating: 2/5 Jan 26, 2017 14:53 Send this review to a friend
Follow Up Review  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As I mentioned in my original review the stock sound from the Yaesu SP-10 was very disappointing.

I have since replaced the cheapo paper speaker it came with with this unit:
Peerless 830984 2-1/2" Full Range Woofer

The Peerless speaker made a superb difference, the SP-10 with the Peerless is quite impressive and made a very worthy upgrade to SP-10.